Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
Yeah I need to start watching cinematic masterpieces such as Land of the Lost and The Spirit.

:lolhitting

Really though.

Land of the Lost was a true story I believe.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
I did the exact same thing about a year ago.

That is a horrendous, horrible, disgustingly terrible movie. I fell asleep about 20 minutes into it and was actually upset I didn't fall asleep earlier.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
That is a horrendous, horrible, disgustingly terrible movie. I fell asleep about 20 minutes into it and was actually upset I didn't fall asleep earlier.

I made it to the part where there was 2 or 3 of the fat, lisped dude from 24 annoying the living s*** out of me, at this time I realized that we have a finite amount of time on this planet and turned it off.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
Is there a movie that you DO like?

Seriously, I dont think I have ever seen you say you like a movie.. its always "I didnt laugh once" or "I hate all of them" or "I turned it off before it finished"

You are like the harshest critic that there ever was :lol:

I think I'm about 50/50. I like almost all of the movies I get from Netflix, but I hardly mention them in the thread because they're usually kind of old and I get through about four a week at times.

And those three quotes are all true. I didn't laugh once at Caddyshack because it's so dated and unfunny now. I do hate all three of the main actors from Superbad because they're incredibly annoying, have no range whatsoever, and aren't funny. And I think 1 in 4 people who started watching The Spirit made it through the entire thing.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
I think I'm about 50/50. I like almost all of the movies I get from Netflix, but I hardly mention them in the thread because they're usually kind of old and I get through about four a week at times.

And those three quotes are all true. I didn't laugh once at Caddyshack because it's so dated and unfunny now. I do hate all three of the main actors from Superbad because they're incredibly annoying, have no range whatsoever, and aren't funny. And I think 1 in 4 people who started watching The Spirit made it through the entire thing.

Mention the older movies. You will have the interest of at least one person here.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
Did you guys like the ending to Shutter Island? It ended up exactly how I hoped it wouldn't

I talked about this a while ago in this thread, but the ending was obvious from the previews alone..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:49 AM)
I talked about this a while ago in this thread, but the ending was obvious from the previews alone..

Yes, we agreed on this fact. Let alone when you advertise a "shocking ending you'll be talking about for weeks" you start trying to figure out the Bruce Willis effect.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
Did you guys like the ending to Shutter Island? It ended up exactly how I hoped it wouldn't

It was predictable from about 20 minutes into the movie and the idea that this mental institution set up this massive role-play, allowing a violent nutso free reign around the island, was ludicrous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Get Him to the Greek was a decent film, but why did they have to cast such an ugly person as Jonah Hill's girlfriend? Seriously, she's "look away from the screen" ugly.

Maybe she's an acquired taste from Mad Men, but I definitely think she has the appeal of a real, cute girl who might be with a blimp like Hill.

Get Him to the Greek was a decent film, but why did they have to cast such an ugly person as Jonah Hill's girlfriend? Seriously, she's "look away from the screen" ugly.

I thought it was really really hysterical in some parts. The adrenaline parts in particular. And the girl was just the girl next door and really he would be lucky to get a girl that attractive. He is f***ing a guy that will be Norm from Cheers in a few years.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
DO NETFLIX EVER ACTUALLY COME

Takes me about 2 days for each movie.

I'll send it back on MOnday, they get it on Tuesday and send my next one out on Tues, I get next one Wed.

Also, I think your standards are set way too high.

moss080728_1_250.jpg