Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
Now 114 reviews, still 100% positive. That's pretty amazing.

None of the movies in the toy story franchise has received a single negative review from the masses of critics on rotten tomatoes.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First couple of negative reviews for Toy Story 3 although neither is from whom I would consider a real critic. Armond White apparently gave positive reviews to Land of the Lost, Transformers 2, the Last Song, Clash of the Titans, and GI Joe yet gave negative reviews to the Dark Knight, Iron Man, District 9, Up, Toy Story 3 and while I didn't like it that much Avatar. The guys a troll. The other critic apparently gave Marmaduke a positive review which alone gives him no credibility.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Elaborate.

It's a documentary about this guy who rightly predicted a lot of things such as the global economy crashing and he predicts that things will get much, much worse.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
It's a documentary about this guy who rightly predicted a lot of things such as the global economy crashing and he predicts that things will get much, much worse.

I just watched the trailer for that ...I want to see it!! I am just afraid of not liking what he has to say.

So I flipped past TCM, and I caught part of a silent movie that looked interesting (I know, my life rocks). I've always had an interest in Russian history, and lo and behold, this is The Battleship Potemkin (1925). Learned about Eisenstein in one of my classes.

Apparently he did something right if I'm committing to watching an 85 year old silent film.

I'll go back to being a nerd now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
So I flipped past TCM, and I caught part of a silent movie that looked interesting (I know, my life rocks). I've always had an interest in Russian history, and lo and behold, this is The Battleship Potemkin (1925). Learned about Eisenstein in one of my classes.

Apparently he did something right if I'm committing to watching an 85 year old silent film.

I'll go back to being a nerd now.

Wait, you stopped being a nerd momentarily? ;)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
First couple of negative reviews for Toy Story 3 although neither is from whom I would consider a real critic. Armond White apparently gave positive reviews to Land of the Lost, Transformers 2, the Last Song, Clash of the Titans, and GI Joe yet gave negative reviews to the Dark Knight, Iron Man, District 9, Up, Toy Story 3 and while I didn't like it that much Avatar. The guys a troll. The other critic apparently gave Marmaduke a positive review which alone gives him no credibility.

LOL, seriously? And this guy gets his reviews published on RT?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)

I shouldn't have asked.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
I'm currently watching one of the worst movies I've ever seen. And it was based on one of the best short story collections I've ever read.

Sorority Row?

Just watched Invictus. Solid movie. Amazed at how goofy Matt Damon could make himself sound.

Just got Avatar in the mail.

Will be interested to see how it compares on Blu Ray in my pad compared to on IMax in the theater.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
Will be interested to see how it compares on Blu Ray in my pad compared to on IMax in the theater.

Since you're talking about an apple product, chances are it will blow away Imax.