Films Thread

knightni

I was reading that M Night completely ignored a lot of source material, and that the acting was atrocious. Sad, this property has quite a cult following, they are gonna be pissed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
The only movie M. Knight has made that I enjoyed was "Unbreakable".

That's the only one, or the last one? I liked The Sixth Sense and Signs, and Unbreakable was pretty good.

All of his other movies, though, are utter garbage. I would feel bad for him if he didn't make a ton of money doing it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
That's the only one, or the last one? I liked The Sixth Sense and Signs, and Unbreakable was pretty good.

Only. Hated Sixth Sense and Signs bored the hell outta me.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
I'm man enough to admit that not only did i love Toy Story 3 but that i got choked up at the end. I'm one of the people who grew up at a pretty consistent pace with the franchise so i imagine that helped.

Thought it was great as well.

I honestly thought they were gonna kill em all off in that fire, holding hands. I would of had a lot of dust in my eyes if that happened.

We'll finally get out to Toy Story 3 this weekend. I'm sure it will be great, and I've slowly softened in my opinion that Pixar should be above doing sequels. The truth is they are the best at what they do by a large margin, and they should do what they want to do and it will be great.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
I can't be the only one who got dragged by their sig other to see Eclipse? I actually liked the movie a lot more than New Moon.

I remember when the first one came out, and I had no idea what it was.. I was going to go with this girl, but it fell apart.. I am glad that I have never seen any twilight movie, but often think about how I almost willingly went to see the first one because I had no idea what it was..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
I remember when the first one came out, and I had no idea what it was.. I was going to go with this girl, but it fell apart.. I am glad that I have never seen any twilight movie, but often think about how I almost willingly went to see the first one because I had no idea what it was..

Netflixed it. Turned it off halfway through.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Netflixed it. Turned it off halfway through.

My 12-year old daughter seems to be the only kid in her demographic that thinks these movies are turds. She tried to watch the first one just so she would know what her friends were yammering about and she bailed on it about 30 minutes in.

She's the same kid who knew Last Airbender was going to suck even though I was holding out some hope for it.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)

A little off topic, but one of my girlfriends in college tried to get me to watch the Notebook with her and her roommate. It was a weeknight and didn't have anything else to do, so I figured I might as well. I had every intention in the world of sitting through it.

I fell asleep five minutes into it and woke up at the credits. I felt so secure in my manhood that my body instinctually shut down for that movie.

Even more off topic, Firefox keeps telling me that "instinctually" is spelled incorrectly even though I've checked the spelling on two other sites to verify its spelling.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)
I Redboxed Day Breakers the other day and was pleasantly surprised. I loved the premise of the movie.

It definitely was a good premise, but they could have done more with it. Seems like a movie that also could have been a two-part film or a trilogy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
A little off topic, but one of my girlfriends in college tried to get me to watch the Notebook with her and her roommate. It was a weeknight and didn't have anything else to do, so I figured I might as well. I had every intention in the world of sitting through it.

Ive seen the Notebook but I cant remember when or with who it was, im pretty sure I was in shutdown mode when that happened as well..

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
I can't be the only one who got dragged by their sig other to see Eclipse? I actually liked the movie a lot more than New Moon.

Saw it too - thought it was actually a pretty good movie with some actual conflict this time around. Thought the first one was hilarious and thought New Moon was a total POS.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
It definitely was a good premise, but they could have done more with it. Seems like a movie that also could have been a two-part film or a trilogy.

I could see that. I couldn't tell you the last vampire movie I actually liked, so being that this one kept my attention is an achievement all by itself. The gore for gore's sake bores me to death.