Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:45 AM)
My dad had a small part in that film. He told me that Frank Vincent is a super nice guy.

Which part?

I watched Blade Runner for the first time last night. According to Netflix, I wouldn't enjoy it that much (but it's so highly ranked, especially in the sci-fi genre that I felt I should see it). I thought it was pretty meh, which is exactly how Netflix said I would feel about it. It's crazy how precise that site is.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:18 AM)
Which part?

I watched Blade Runner for the first time last night. According to Netflix, I wouldn't enjoy it that much (but it's so highly ranked, especially in the sci-fi genre that I felt I should see it). I thought it was pretty meh, which is exactly how Netflix said I would feel about it. It's crazy how precise that site is.

I've always thought Blade Runner was rather overrated. JMHO

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Without spoilers can you tell us why?

I literally laughed once the entire movie, and when it comes to comedies, I'm usually easy to please. It's hard to describe how bad this movie is, except for the fact that I almost walked out of it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
I literally laughed once the entire movie, and when it comes to comedies, I'm usually easy to please. It's hard to describe how bad this movie is, except for the fact that I almost walked out of it.

Was Jermaine Clement at least funny?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
Agreed. I watch it whenever I am flipping and see it on cable.

One of my alltime faves, then again I have a friend who has alot of similar qualities to Samberg like his extreme facial expressions.

That movie will quickly become one of the most quotable movies you ahve ever seen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
Dinner for Shmucks just about the worst movie I've ever seen at the theater.

yeah I thought it was bad too but I wasnt sure if it was because I went to that Hollywood Theatre in Woodridge for the first time and was distracted by all the waiters and food bulls***.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
yeah I thought it was bad too but I wasnt sure if it was because I went to that Hollywood Theatre in Woodridge for the first time and was distracted by all the waiters and food bulls***.

So, they were having their own dinner there huh? ;)

I watched Less Than Zero last night. I read the book earlier this year and figured I'd enjoy the movie, but I was very wrong. Robert Downey Jr was awesome as expected, but that was the only reason to watch. Read the book instead, way less preachy and much, much, much, much better.

Really, the movie shouldn't have been called Less Than Zero and the characters should have had different names. It was completely different than the book, very disappointing (although I had heard that going into watching it, but still).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
I watched Less Than Zero last night. I read the book earlier this year and figured I'd enjoy the movie, but I was very wrong. Robert Downey Jr was awesome as expected, but that was the only reason to watch. Read the book instead, way less preachy and much, much, much, much better.

Really, the movie shouldn't have been called Less Than Zero and the characters should have had different names. It was completely different than the book, very disappointing (although I had heard that going into watching it, but still).

Ellis just wrote a sequel to LESS THAN ZERO. I may or may not read it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
I just got back from The Other Guys. It was pretty damn funny, although not as good as I had hoped.

I am thinking seeing the previews I seen all the best jokes. I wish I didnt watch any previews at all ever, they ruin things for me.

Ferrell is the best, he has a great delivery where he takes an ordinary line and makes it funny.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
I am thinking seeing the previews I seen all the best jokes. I wish I didnt watch any previews at all ever, they ruin things for me.

Ferrell is the best, he has a great delivery where he takes an ordinary line and makes it funny.

Na, that's not the case with this one.

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)

Not for me it wasn't.

Jami Gertz until it hurts!

:notworthy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
6/10 for "The Other Guys".

Lots of funny jokes, but I was waiting for it to end the last half hour or so.

I'd give it like a 7, but yeah. It wasn't one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but it was definitely a movie worth seeing in the theaters.