ST: White Sox @ Oakland A's

justBLAZE

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Huh? He is one of 3 players reassigned. He gets to stick around ST while reassigned?

They will still get used in games, even though they are reassigned. It just means for the most part he will practice with the minor leaguers now. He will still get called to some of the big league games though, I'm sure of it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 05:08 PM)
They will still get used in games, even though they are reassigned. It just means for the most part he will practice with the minor leaguers now. He will still get called to some of the big league games though, I'm sure of it.

If I'm right, there's like 14 fields in the Camelback complex, so literally if they want to use them to pinch hit, they're down the sidewalk.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
Yes. I was lucky enough to watch the Dodgers and Indians square off in the fields in the back.

I believe sportsnite also had a preview of the Sox, and the Dodgers were literally like 5 feet away from the sox on the other field training.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
I don't understand the reasoning behind his reassignment if they were still to use him in games.

So you thought he had a shot at the MLB roster? I was only shocked they announced it this early. Usually top prospects don't make the announcement official til a bit later. What the real question should be is if Mitchell should be in A+ or AA. Phegley and Gonzalez were obvious especially with Flowers, Lucy, Castro and others ahead of them. I guess thats why Jared wasn't around since he isn't as advanced as Danks, Flowers, Hudson, etc..

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
I don't understand the reasoning behind his reassignment if they were still to use him in games.

There is more fundamental training in the minor league camps. The MLB guys are playing everyday and travel and what not. They are not working on the fundamentals and doing more basic baseball drills. They are in the same complex and can be used at home games later in the game.

I also think 40 man roster things have something to do with it but I am not sure.

It really is not a big deal.

I knew he had no chance at the major league roster, but rather this: if they send him down, that should mean, great you did well, you will begin your season in the minors.

If the Sox still plan on using him in spring training games why wouldn't they let him take advantage of the opportunity and practice with the big boys?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
There is more fundamental training in the minor league camps. The MLB guys are playing everyday and travel and what not. They are not working on the fundamentals and doing more basic baseball drills. They are in the same complex and can be used at home games later in the game.

I also think 40 man roster things have something to do with it but I am not sure.

It really is not a big deal.

This kinda answers my concerns, I see the point now him being a very talented but at the same time very RAW baseball player.

bases loaded 2 outs 9-5 SOx and Chris Carter comes up to bat. haha

PS Dolsi sucks. Good thing we're not counting on him.

Carter just missed hitting a bomb. Sox win 9-5. The pitchers that will be on the team have done really well this Spring.

Edited by jphat007