Mitchell tears tendon

chisoxfan09

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
That thread title is a little overreactive, don't you think?

He twisted his ankle, he didn't "Robin Ventura" himself.

The guy has quite a few years before he even sniffs the majors.

nice.

QUOTE (daggins @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
So uh, is it a tendon or a ligament?

I wonder what the downtime is gonna be like. Is it something where he'll be back in a couple months or is that pretty much it for his season?

Len Kasper just said during the game that surgery will probably keep him out for the year.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Len Kasper just said during the game that surgery will probably keep him out for the year.

Len Kasper is a moron...even if it is true. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to Bob Brenley. Ugh, what a jacka$$.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
you know a tibia is a bone right, and cannot be torn.

could be a tibial tendon. If it's torn off at the bone they can probably re anchor it, if not they will have to pull part of his hamstring out or even use a cadaver tendon to re attach it although cadaver parts can be rejected sometimes.

Really tough news to swallow. Shame too as he was reassigned, but still played in the games. Happens all the time though with other players around the league. Hopefully you have a hellova year next season Jared. :(

Anyone know if he's getting a screw or something put in it?

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
This is very, very bad news. This could affect KW's wheeling & dealing, also will definitely affect Mitchell's progression due to missing an entire MILB season

This sucks.

It's gonna REALLY hamper his development time if this is a season ender. Worst case scenario already happen. Now we gotta hope the best case scenario is he's only missing a few weeks and will be good to go around May/June or so. Any type of experience is crucial for him. We also got to hope it isn't one of those surgeries that requires another ligament to be reattached to it or a screw. Ptatc.. you better be around my good man.. ;)

Edited by SoxAce

Well there goes a big reason why I planned on purchasing the MiLB package. Huge blow for the organization in multiple ways. Yeah, you hope he's healthy and recovers independent of anything to do with baseball. But can't ignore the fact that this really hurts the franchise.

Edited by Jordan4life

Just when I was telling people not to put too much pressure on Jared, this happens.

Very unfortunate, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Injury wise, it's not in a very good area obviously for a speedy guy like Mitchell who relies on his legs.

Surgery wise, I wonder if they'll end up having to put a plate in his ankle, because there have been cases with different people in different sports, where that has become an issue "in terms of pain and hot spots etc." in the following years.