Sox vs Cubs in Vegas.....baby........Vegas...on CSN

Heads22

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
I hope to not see Carlos Torres very much this season. I know he had no chance on the ball but Jones looked like he was walking for the ball on the broken bat blooper.

He was either walking or running in molasses, he sure was playing deep considering what you're used to seeing out of him. He used to play the shortest CF you'd ever see, I guess he realizes his legs ain't what they used to be.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
He was either walking or running in molasses, he sure was playing deep considering what you're used to seeing out of him. He used to play the shortest CF you'd ever see, I guess he realizes his legs ain't what they used to be.

He did make a nice throw to end the inning, if Jones is going to play the OF then put him in one of the corners and let Rios play CF.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
Jones looking at lot like a corner OF playing CF tonight.

What exactly did he do or not do for you to make that assessment ? Yes he's older and not as fast as some guys any more, but he made the plays he should and gunned out a guy at the plate. There was nothing he should have caught, nothing in the gaps , nothing directly over his head.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Ya he looks like dye running out there

Umm spring training. He's at least 2 steps faster than Dye. He's already had a triple and at least one if not more stolen base(s) this spring. He didn't exactly have to bust his ass on any of the balls the Cubs hit. He looked to have decent speed scoring on the wild pitch.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
Jones looking at lot like a corner OF playing CF tonight.

There was no way he gets to that ball that Soto hit. He was shaded towards right, that ball was nearly in the left center gap.

Edited by chw42

Teahen is having a Nick Swisher-esc ST so far. Horrid luck hitting line drives right at people (BABIP might be through the roof) or striking out looking. Glad he's getting this out of the way early. :D

Edited by SoxAce