Saturday Split Squad Action

flavum

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Yeah, I don't, and never though Teahen was a very good player. Nothing about his .271/.325.408 line makes me think he is anything even above average.

Out of qualifying 3b last year in the big leagues, his OPS was 13/19. Ahead of guys like Kouzmanoff, Inge, Peralta, Feliz.

It'd be really nice if we could get a little bit better out of him this year, but if nothing else goes wrong, we can live with that.

Its wild to watch the game from up at this angle and see Harrell struggle.

Standing on the third base side of the mound... he throw everything across his body.

Can't throw his sinker for a strike, so he is a 1 pitch pitcher with guys just waiting for him to put it over the plate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
Out of qualifying 3b last year in the big leagues, his OPS was 13/19. Ahead of guys like Kouzmanoff, Inge, Peralta, Feliz.

It'd be really nice if we could get a little bit better out of him this year, but if nothing else goes wrong, we can live with that.

Problem is we have to live with that now

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Problem is we have to live with that now

Well, hopefully he picks his game up this year and we don't have to. But like I said, if Rios hits like an all star, Quentin stays healthy and gives me the 50 that I'm thinking he has in him this year, and there aren't any other huge injuries amongst our starters...that's liveable. Basically, you're getting an extra 100 points in OPS compared with what Getz gave us on the IF last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Well, hopefully he picks his game up this year and we don't have to. But like I said, if Rios hits like an all star, Quentin stays healthy and gives me the 50 that I'm thinking he has in him this year, and there aren't any other huge injuries amongst our starters...that's liveable. Basically, you're getting an extra 100 points in OPS compared with what Getz gave us on the IF last year.

Healthy is what matytersI think the most. And I agree that Terahan has talent. Maybe this is when we see the break out year? Not to say he was all bad by any means while in KC. Actually not all that bad

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Healthy is what matytersI think the most. And I agree that Terahan has talent. Maybe this is when we see the break out year? Not to say he was all bad by any means while in KC. Actually not all that bad

There was that 1/2 in 2006 we all saw where he was just freaking scary, and then that version of him went away. I've said it before, a lot of this season's quality depends on how good of a job Greg Walker does. At least Rios is working so far, even though it's spring.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
There was that 1/2 in 2006 we all saw where he was just freaking scary, and then that version of him went away. I've said it before, a lot of this season's quality depends on how good of a job Greg Walker does. At least Rios is working so far, even though it's spring.

Agreed