Who was the most reviled current Sox here

Princess Dye

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Yeah, I think the only Sox that is truly reviled right now is Scott Linebrink. The most reviled White Sox in recent memory has to be Javy Vazquez. Or, at least that's the case for me.

You're kidding, right? The most reviled, hated, despised, loathed White Sox player of the last 10 years is EASILY Scott Podsednik.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
You're kidding, right? The most reviled, hated, despised, loathed White Sox player of the last 10 years is EASILY Scott Podsednik.

Anderson, Fields, Betemit, Wise...

1) The PEDs. It's a long time ago, but I dislike that.

2) I like AJ, and think he still has a few good years left.

3) He nicknamed himself T-Flow.

Flowers for some reason is the one prospect I don't have a world of confidence in either, not sure why though.

AJ's age and his position are going to catch up to him, fast. i hope we either trade him this year or let him go after it.

Mercifully,

Ken "Hawk" Harrelson

As much as I hated him last year, its hard to rank a guy at the top who hit a walk-off home run in the World Series.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
I don't hate kotsay just like I didn't hate Wise.

I hate ozzie for continuing to find the least talented offensive players on the team so many damn at bats.

I knew, eventually, I'd find something to actually agree with you on!

QUOTE (Ken Harrelson @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
AJ's age and his position are going to catch up to him, fast. i hope we either trade him this year or let him go after it.

Mercifully,

Ken "Hawk" Harrelson

1. Total bulls***. AJ has 2-3 years left at least and if the Sox have any sense at all they'll extend him so we don't have to watch some roided-out return of the Mark Johnson/Brook Fordyce/Ben Davis/Josh Paul/Miguel Olivo/etc. Black Hole of Youth swallow this team for another decade or so.

2. You've finally outed yourself as an impostor. The real Hawk Harrelson loves AJ even more than I do. The real Hawk also lives near AJ in Florida and has been a fan ever since he watched AJ play high school baseball.

3. AJ exemplifies the new era of White Sox baseball. AJ deserves to retire as a member of the Sox organization and then he needs to become a coach so he can show all these little f***ers coming up through the minor league system what it means to wear the black and white.

4. Any "Sox fan" who talks s*** about AJ needs to check the hat on his skull because it probably says Cubs or Twins.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
3 years later I still hate Andy Gonzalez' guts. Even if that's not a correct answer to your question.

Why does this dude still get brought up all the time? Like anyone actually sat there and watched all those f***ing s*** ballgames that year. He had one 3-error game that was in a way kind of cool to see being so rare, and other than that he just struck out a bunch. So what. His s*** play never cost us anything, in fact, if we would've won a few more ballgames in 2007 then we wouldn't have Gordon Beckham. So thank you, Andy Gonzalez.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
As much as I hated him last year, its hard to rank a guy at the top who hit a walk-off home run in the World Series.

I don't get the hate for Pods, even last year. Yes he did make a lot of baserunning mistakes, but he was one of the few guys that were regularly on base for us. He was one of the few bright spots on a piss poor offense.

As for my most reviled player, I will have to go with Linebrink as well. Anyone who blows such a large lead against the Cubs goes straight to crap list, and it becomes pretty hard to get off after that. I would call Linebrink my mot reviled player since Billy Koch took the mound for us.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
I don't get the hate for Pods, even last year. Yes he did make a lot of baserunning mistakes, but he was one of the few guys that were regularly on base for us. He was one of the few bright spots on a piss poor offense.

As for my most reviled player, I will have to go with Linebrink as well. Anyone who blows such a large lead against the Cubs goes straight to crap list, and it becomes pretty hard to get off after that. I would call Linebrink my mot reviled player since Billy Koch took the mound for us.

I've told my friends they're never allowed to mention that name in front of me. Can we apply that rule to Soxtalk too somehow?? :gosoxretro:

4. Any "Sox fan" who talks s*** about AJ needs to check the hat on his skull because it probably says Cubs or Twins.

Great post. AJP is one of those guys on my list of guys I'll never be critical of because of the thrills he's given me. Some Sox won my support forever for what they've done: In my book those players include AJ, Paulie, Pods, Mark, Dye, Bobby just to name a few.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
1. Total bulls***. AJ has 2-3 years left at least and if the Sox have any sense at all they'll extend him so we don't have to watch some roided-out return of the Mark Johnson/Brook Fordyce/Ben Davis/Josh Paul/Miguel Olivo/etc. Black Hole of Youth swallow this team for another decade or so.

2. You've finally outed yourself as an impostor. The real Hawk Harrelson loves AJ even more than I do. The real Hawk also lives near AJ in Florida and has been a fan ever since he watched AJ play high school baseball.

3. AJ exemplifies the new era of White Sox baseball. AJ deserves to retire as a member of the Sox organization and then he needs to become a coach so he can show all these little f***ers coming up through the minor league system what it means to wear the black and white.

I would disagree with this if you look at the whole picture. He does not exemplify White Sox baseball. He is a very good player and I like to watch him play, however, you can be a good player without being a complete a** to everyone around you. Your attitude doesn't need to be carried off the field. If you want all of the minor leaguers to treat everyone like sh**, then he's your guy.

He will never be a coach because no one will be able to stand the guy.

Maggs /end of subthread