Chicago Music Venues

Texsox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
He is awful live now. I saw him and Billy Joel with a free ticket about 5 years ago, and he was a shell of himself. Billy Joel stole the show.

I saw him at Poplar Creek 15 years ago, maybe longer. Awesome show. Was he as bad as The Who at the Super Bowl™

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
I saw him at Poplar Creek 15 years ago, maybe longer. Awesome show. Was he as bad as The Who at the Super Bowl™

His voice is shot, and he doesn't really perform anymore. He sits for almost all of the show. Anything that is the old high notes he either drops down a few octaves, or his back up singers do it for him.

As for something more age appropriate, I hear they have a magician at Ryan's during the early bird buffet ;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
He is awful live now. I saw him and Billy Joel with a free ticket about 5 years ago, and he was a shell of himself. Billy Joel stole the show.

I saw them together the first time out back in the early 90s. Contrary to your exerience, that first time around Elton John was definitely the better performer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
His voice is shot, and he doesn't really perform anymore. He sits for almost all of the show. Anything that is the old high notes he either drops down a few octaves, or his back up singers do it for him.

As for something more age appropriate, I hear they have a magician at Ryan's during the early bird buffet ;)

I prefer the mime at La Francia