Midwest Region

With Lucas out, the winner of the Ohio St-Tennessee game will be in the Final 4. That's never something I'd have imagined as a UT fan before the tournament started. But Tennessee is better than your normal 6 seed, so it should be a good game.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
With Lucas out, the winner of the Ohio St-Tennessee game will be in the Final 4.

Youre crazy if you think MSU, even with the injury, or Northern Iowa is basically a bye for either Tenn or Ohio St.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Wow, in real time, thought Turner got fouled, but was all ball.

Turner walks off without shaking hands.

When I heard the whistle I thought there was a foul. All ball on the replay.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Titus was sick with the flu and not at the game. I'm convinced that his abscence is why they lost.

Hopefully that guys 15 minutes are up now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 01:21 AM)
Hopefully that guys 15 minutes are up now.

Are you f***ing serious? He's awesome, and he's going nowhere because he's going to write a book in the coming year about his experiences.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
Are you f***ing serious? He's awesome, and he's going nowhere because he's going to write a book in the coming year about his experiences year.

I'm guessing it will have a lot of pictures.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Actually it's supposed to have stories about Ohio St. that Compliance wouldn't let him include on his blog.

It'll be the Ball Four of College Basketball.

I hope he re-tells the Evan Turner/Icy Hot story. Funny s*** right there.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
It'll be the Ball Four of College Basketball.

I doubt a bench warmer on a Big ten Basketball team for four years has seen and have the stories that Jim Bouton had when it came to baseball and the effects it had on him and how baseball is looked at now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
You would have to think Northern Iowa has a real good shot to beat Lucas-less Michigan State. You'd also have to think Ohio State is going to win this region, barring some sort of choke, which would be very unexpected from this group.

I'm guessing your bracket doesn't look very good after tonight.

:P

Well, that was fun. Do people still think UT was deserving of a 6-seed? Gottlieb looks like a complete dumbass now (i mean, he always has been one but even moreso) after his whole "Tennessee is worse than a 6-seed and will lose in the 1st round" comments.

this has been an unbelievably difficult tourney to swallow as a Vandy fan...we get knocked out on a last second shot in the first round, in what appears to be a very winnable bracket....then you watch your biggest rival (a team you beat twice by 9 and 19) make their way into the elite 8 behind a stellar performance by a player (JP Prince) who wanted to transfer to your school, but couldn't because your stupid school doesnt allow mid-year transfers.....in addition bruce pearl just makes everything that much worse too....

dasox24..you are definitely right though, alot of people slept on a UT team that had already proved they could beat Kansas and Kentucky...its gotta be cool for you guys to make it this far, but im not rooting for you :P

on the other side... a Duke Kentucky Final four would be pukeworthy, but also an awesome game to watch...I guess I'd have to root for UK, but that would be very difficult

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Wow, in real time, thought Turner got fouled, but was all ball.

He's incredibly talented and is probably going to be a great pro, but he's a massive, massive tool. I thought it was a foul at first too, but the replay was pretty clear. Great non-call by the ref.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)

I asked him why he didn't shake hands and he said that Tennessee players were too busy celebrating to shake his hand so he left.

# thekidet

@knightni73 they were busy celebrating. about 2 hours ago via Swift in reply to knightni73

* Retweet

# Jeremy Kelly knightni73

@thekidet So, why didn't you shake hands after the game last night? about 3 hours ago via web in reply to thekidet

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
I asked him why he didn't shake hands and he said that Tennessee players were too busy celebrating to shake his hand so he left.

I remember watching the end of the game and he was sitting on the floor in disbelief for a while. When he got up, the camera followed him from behind. The UT players were all over the court celebrating (and in no discernible line), so he just sort of walked down the middle of the court and off...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
I remember watching the end of the game and he was sitting on the floor in disbelief for a while. When he got up, the camera followed him from behind. The UT players were all over the court celebrating (and in no discernible line), so he just sort of walked down the middle of the court and off...

I'd probably do the same thing.