South Region

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
:headbang

They can beat ODU and Baylor. Villanova...not so much.

ODU is going to give ND fits. That team is extremely long and fantastic defensively. Gerald Lee is going to make gody's life extremely difficult in the post. ODU beats ND in the first round imo.

I just don't see how Villanova is viewed in a better light than Baylor.

Baylor, 25-7, losses Colorado, Alabama, Kansas, KSU X 2, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M. No losses by more than 7 points.

Wins over Xavier, Arizona State, Morgan State, Jackson State, Texas Tech X 2, Oklahoma State, Texas X 3, Mizzou, and Texas A&M.

Villanova, 24-7, losses Temple, Georgetown, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia, Marquette. 18 point loss, 13 point loss, and 10 point loss.

Wins over Dayton, Mississippi, Maryland, Marquette X 2, Louisville, Georgetown, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Seton Hall, South Florida, Cincinatti

Baylor, 9 NCAA wins, 3 NIT wins, 7 losses by 39 points total

Nova, 7 NCAA wins, 5 NIT wins, 7 losses by 61 points total

Baylor has legit 1-5 starters. Nova's guards won't intimidate Tweety Carter, Lacedarius Dunn, and Quincy Acy, and Baylor clearly has the edge down low with Udoh and Lomers.

I don't think people realize just how good Baylor is and just how much talent they have accumulated.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
I just don't see how Villanova is viewed in a better light than Baylor.

Baylor, 25-7, losses Colorado, Alabama, Kansas, KSU X 2, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M. No losses by more than 7 points.

Wins over Xavier, Arizona State, Morgan State, Jackson State, Texas Tech X 2, Oklahoma State, Texas X 3, Mizzou, and Texas A&M.

Villanova, 24-7, losses Temple, Georgetown, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia, Marquette. 18 point loss, 13 point loss, and 10 point loss.

Wins over Dayton, Mississippi, Maryland, Marquette X 2, Louisville, Georgetown, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Seton Hall, South Florida, Cincinatti

Baylor, 9 NCAA wins, 3 NIT wins, 7 losses by 39 points total

Nova, 7 NCAA wins, 5 NIT wins, 7 losses by 61 points total

Baylor has legit 1-5 starters. Nova's guards won't intimidate Tweety Carter, Lacedarius Dunn, and Quincy Acy, and Baylor clearly has the edge down low with Udoh and Lomers.

I don't think people realize just how good Baylor is and just how much talent they have accumulated.

I think that is your reason. Plus, everyone who remotely follows college basketball knows Nova. They know they are very much like the team that went to the Final Four last year and everyone knows Scottie Reynolds. Also, Villanova has no bad losses; you could argue Baylor has a couple.

That being said, I have Nova advancing out of that region. I just love their guards and if they are on their game, which they havent been at all times lately, I just dont see them losing until Indianapolis.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
I think that is your reason. Plus, everyone who remotely follows college basketball knows Nova. They know they are very much like the team that went to the Final Four last year and everyone knows Scottie Reynolds. Also, Villanova has no bad losses; you could argue Baylor has a couple.

That being said, I have Nova advancing out of that region. I just love their guards and if they are on their game, which they havent been at all times lately, I just dont see them losing until Indianapolis.

Colorado and Alabama aren't good losses, but they are both around .500 teams and those were the first two losses of the season for Baylor.

Even comparing Scottie Reynolds and Corey Fischer to Tweety Carter and LaceDarius Dunn is interesting.

Nova two: 32.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 7.3 apg, 2.8 spg, 4.7 topg

Baylor two: 35.1 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 7.9 apg, 2.6 spg, 5.2 topg

Then you throw in Ekpe Udoh for Baylor, the best defensive big man in the nation, and I just don't see Nova's advantage this year.

Nova clearly has the tourney experience and coaching advantage it seems, but we will see how far it gets them.