30 for 30

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caught part of the raiders one the other day, and heard great things about them so i watched 2 on on Demand....

Run ricky run was awesome....

the silly little game on the fantasy guys was just an absolute waste of time...i understand what the directors were going for producing it, but it was just not entertaining, and frankly not worth watching

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
the silly little game on the fantasy guys was just an absolute waste of time...i understand what the directors were going for producing it, but it was just not entertaining, and frankly not worth watching

It's impossible to make someone else's fantasy baseball team look exciting.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
I really enjoyed the L.A. Raiders documentary.

I thought it was okay. I was a big hiphop head in the 80's and football fan, but this 30 for 30 didn't do much for me. Not terrible, but my least favorite so far. Still haven't seen the fantasy basbeball one though.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
June 17, 1994 airs Wednesday. Remember that day like it was yesterday. Things just kept happening.

agreed, and it's crazy that the patriarch of the Kardashian's was the one who read the "suicide" note.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
agreed, and it's crazy that the patriarch of the Kardashian's was the one who read the "suicide" note.

God bless that man for two of is offspring.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Watched June 17, 1994. It was good, I thought it could have been better. I didn't like the fact that they didn't show any interviews.

I thought this was great. It didn't need to have any talking heads.

best part was seeing my future wife look like a dot on the screen during the World Cup ceremonies in Chicago. (just kidding you couldnt see her)

Her high school cheerleading team was performing during the opening ceremonies on the field.

According to her, at the time, they all thought the World Cup was "gay."

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
I think the best part of the film was seeing the Royals-Mariners highlights, and hearing Chip Caray rip O.J. to pieces.

I was in awe at Jr's swing back in the day. Fast, short, powerful.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
Wasn't there an NBA Finals game that day as well?

Yes.

I never saw the footage of Palmer crying on the 18th green before during the interview. That was great.

Just watched it and for some reason I wasnt impressed. It wasnt a bad show but I didnt find it that great either. Maybe because the events have been hammered to death so much over the years but 18 minutes in I was already looking at the clock to see how much longer it was. I did like the no interviews part.

Two Escobars was good, I probably would have enjoyed it a little more if I hadn't read the book and saw the doc on A & E "Killing Pablo" because a decent portion was rehashed but not at as deep as I was familiar with because of the sports connection being established in this one... again though, very well done.