30 for 30

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a 30/30 in June called, "The Two Escobars." It's about Pablo Escobar and Andres Escobar ( Colombian soccer player who was murdered after scoring an own goal vs the US in the 94 World Cup). Some believe he was killed by Colombian drug lords who lost tons of money on that game.

The Two Escobars Teaser from Two Escobars on Vimeo.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
There is a 30/30 in June called, "The Two Escobars." It's about Pablo Escobar and Andres Escobar ( Colombian soccer player who was murdered after scoring an own goal vs the US in the 94 World Cup). Some believe he was killed by Colombian drug lords who lost tons of money on that game.

The Two Escobars Teaser from Two Escobars on Vimeo.

I can't wait for this

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)

That should be a good one. And I'm 99% sure that whoever killed him did it because of that goal.

If you go to the 30 for 30 site to watch the other Escobar's preview, they show the atmosphere of Colombian soccer games with the drug lords in attendance. There was one scene where Colombian police/military were swinging down on ropes from the roof of the stadium. Scary s***.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
If you go to the 30 for 30 site to watch the other Escobar's preview, they show the atmosphere of Colombian soccer games with the drug lords in attendance. There was one scene where Colombian police/military were swinging down on ropes from the roof of the stadium. Scary s***.

Its amazing how tame American sports fans are compared to the rest of the world. We may have our share of dumb drunken assholes, but thats nothing compared to what goes on at soccer games across the world.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Its amazing how tame American sports fans are compared to the rest of the world. We may have our share of dumb drunken assholes, but thats nothing compared to what goes on at soccer games across the world.

In particular, South/Central America and West Africa

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (Brian @ May 4, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Finally saw the one on Len Bias the other day. Was the cocaine OD, a one time cocaine use for Bias or did it come out that he had previous used?

The way Brian Tribble described that night, it definitely sounded like it was not his first time. No one else has said that they saw him do it, but it was pretty prevalent in that era, several other players in that draft class had huge drug problems.

The 16th Man was definitely a great watch. Now I probably don't have to go see Invictus now either. I had no idea that the white population of South Africa was under 10% of the country. With all of the racism and apartheid that was going on, I assumed that there were many more whites there, with all the control they had as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
The 16th Man was definitely a great watch. Now I probably don't have to go see Invictus now either. I had no idea that the white population of South Africa was under 10% of the country. With all of the racism and apartheid that was going on, I assumed that there were many more whites there, with all the control they had as well.

I missed the last 30 for 30 on S. Africa, but will try to catch it. I've loved the series so far. Seen everyone except fantasy baseball and S. Africa. Not sure hoe Ice Cube's one this week "straight outta L.A. will be. The Raiders taking over L.A. didn't seem that big to me at the time.