Most starts per franchise in the '00s

knightni

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
What is even more amazing is how the next best total is 30 starts behind, or basically one whole season. Very impressive.

If you're saying Mark's 301 is impressive, look at Jamie Moyer's 315, keep in mind that a lot of guys pitched for different teams in that decade

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
If you're saying Mark's 301 is impressive, look at Jamie Moyer's 315, keep in mind that a lot of guys pitched for different teams in that decade

Ugh! I totally missed the combined starts. With that said, Moyer was a full timer from the very start of the decade whereas Buerhle only had 6 starts in 2000 and did not become a starter full time until the 2001 season. Nonetheless, at Moyer's age, we still must acknowledge how impressive a decade it was for him.

Mark's actually #8 overall for the decade.

1.) 332 Livan Hernandez (the ultimate workhorse)

2.) 327 Javier Vazquez (been in the league since '98 and has made at least 32 starts in each year but 1, only made 26 starts in '99 and that was due to youthful ineffectiveness, not injury, made 33 starts if you count his time spent in the minors that year)

3.) 321 Jeff Suppan (probably wouldn't expect to see his name this high on the list but he has been a workhorse even if he does suck and won't quite give you the innings you'd expect out of 30+ starts)

4.) 320 Barry Zito (only made 14 starts as a rookie in 2000 so he's got Buehrle there)

5.) 315 Jamie Moyer

6.) 308 Greg Madduz (retired after the '08 season)

7.) 305 Kevin Millwood

8.) 301 Mark Buehrle

9.) 300 Andy Pettitte

0.) 289 Tim Hudson (only pitched 7 games last year before undergoing Tommy John Surgery, one of the most underrated starters of his time, his career numbers are stunning given the lack of press he receives)

1.) 288 Jon Garland

Buehrle has the 3rd most starts since '01 behind Hernandez and Zito

embarrassed how hard it was for me to remember. Totally forgot about matt morris and jason schmidt, I forgot a lot more, obviously, but these guys i was completely blanking on.

Ahh, the schmidt to the white sox rumors. miss those days

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
84/150.

0-5 on Colorado...hurts.

The only reason I knew them was because Utah gets the Rockies coverage. Anyway, 83/150, so many guys I hardly remember. And good call on SanFran, that's just sad! I actually blanked on 4/5 mets and 4/5 rangers. I couldn't remember Kenny Rogers for the life of me even with an image in my head. Other than that at least 2/5 on everyone. Awesome and challenging quiz. Anyone else find it sad that Buehrle is at 55.5% guessed right?

99 out of 150 right. Got killed on Colorado and the Rays. That was tough. After finishing there were more than a few...oooh.

Plus I had plenty where I had the name on the tip of my tongue but couldn't get the spelling right or only knew the first name.