Lets get US Cellular Field in Google Earth!!

joeynach

So if anyone is a fan of google earth like I am they have probably noticed that almost all of the major sports stadiums in this country have really sweet 3D models, except for our US Cellular Field. In fact our park is the only Chicago stadium not to have a 3D model in Google Earth. We have got to fix this. Anyone can create the 3D models, I have experimented with it in the past, its relatively simple and free. You just need some time, which I dont have at the moment. Anyway, I wanted to reach out to all Google Earth Fans, tech savy individuals, and so on to see if someone here would volunteer to make the model. Someone started making the model of the stadium a while back, so If you look at USCF now in google earth with the 3d building layer on you will see some of the OF stands and one of the Gate 3 ramps has been modeled but thats it.

To make the models you use Building Maker, a web based application. You basically drop in different shapes and polygons, form them around birds eye photos that they provide and it makes the model for you. Like it makes a 3D representation of the photo. Takes a little time and effort but not much. Anyone out there who is interested in doing this sox nation Goodwill??

P.S. And you need a google account to do it. But mostly everyone does at this point.

Edited by joeynach