3/17 Game Thread - Sox vs Dodgers

RockRaines

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Good thing Andruw Jones is awesome. Drives in Gordo with a double down the line.

He's really had himself a good spring.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Lexy knocks in Kong, 2-1 Sox

:o :o :o :o :o

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
God, i really hope Jones and Kotsay can translate these numbers to the regular season.

Jones looks f***ing awesome. The commentators today said it will be him in CF and Rios to RF. Not sure where they got that.

I didn't get to see Jones in any of the three games i saw in Arizone, but i did see Kotsay. Kotsay bothers me because it always looks like he's fighting a pitch off, instead of waiting to drive it. Still, the numbers do look good this spring. I can't get a decent read of Jones over a webcast.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
God, i really hope Jones and Kotsay can translate these numbers to the regular season.

Well I don't expect much out of Kotsay personally. The only way he can "surprise" is if he was putting up a .780+ type OPS for us. (not expecting anything over .800+ Hell a .750-.770 OPS out of him, and I'll be happy) Jones on the other hand, is a type of guy who can either explode or suck severely. As I said in the other thread, I would not be surprised to see him overtake the DH job with his talent.

Edited by SoxAce