Nationals Release Elijah Dukes

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Ultimate Warrior @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, as they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Ultimate Warrior, they told me 'Exit stage left! Exit stage right! There is no place to run; all the fuses in the exit signs have been burned out! Elijah Dukes must join the white sox!

UltimateWarriorAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif

:lolhitting

It was a real damn good post.

QUOTE (Ultimate Warrior @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, as they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Ultimate Warrior, they told me 'Exit stage left! Exit stage right! There is no place to run; all the fuses in the exit signs have been burned out! Elijah Dukes must join the white sox!

UltimateWarriorAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif

Now that's an entrance.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
I'd still bring back Dye to the Sox. Maybe even Crede to back up Teahan if he fails

And this is why it is a good thing that you are not the GM. Crede is toast, and Dye is one of the absolute worst defensive outfielders in the game and he refuses to DH full time.

Teahen will also have to fail miserably for the Sox to bench him. Even if he's only putting up a .700 OPS, they'll still run him out there. And I think he's going to be just fine. He's a solid hitter.

I appreciate the hell out of what Dye and Crede did for this franchise, but they are both has-beens as this point in time. Dye may have a little left offensively, but neither have anything left as overall good players.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
And this is why it is a good thing that you are not the GM. Crede is toast, and Dye is one of the absolute worst defensive outfielders in the game and he refuses to DH full time.

Teahen will also have to fail miserably for the Sox to bench him. Even if he's only putting up a .700 OPS, they'll still run him out there. And I think he's going to be just fine. He's a solid hitter.

I appreciate the hell out of what Dye and Crede did for this franchise, but they are both has-beens as this point in time. Dye may have a little left offensively, but neither have anything left as overall good players.

If I was the GM, instead of getting Teahen, I probably would've tried to see if I can trade Josh Fields and Chris Getz to Cincinatti for Juan Francisco. Hell, even if that didn't work, I'd try and get Teahen, then try and flip him to the Reds for Francisco.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
If I was the GM, instead of getting Teahen, I probably would've tried to see if I can trade Josh Fields and Chris Getz to Cincinatti for Juan Francisco. Hell, even if that didn't work, I'd try and get Teahen, then try and flip him to the Reds for Francisco.

What the hell? lmao.