GOP refuses to work past 2pm

DABearSoX

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Which is why, again, both parties have a responsibility to stand together (for friggin once) on this.

This does make me wonder... how often do these sorts of things happen normally?

House Minority Whip Eric Cantor directly blamed top Democrats for “fanning the flames” regarding threats to members of Congress – and says his own office in Richmond was shot at earlier this week.

Cantor, a Virginia Republican, said the heads of the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are using allegations of harassment and threats to Democrats nationwide for political purposes.

Cantor said he doesn’t release information about the incidents of his own threats to the media because it will only ratchet up violence. But he did say a bullet shot through the window in his campaign office in Richmond Monday evening, and he has received threats because he is Jewish.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/...l#ixzz0jDBoLl5O

Wow.... so a congressman gets death threats, spit on, gas lines cut, etc... and the response is... "you're using that for political purposes."

If I understand the 2:00 rule, it doesn't mean they cannot work in their offices and actually be available to their big donors constituents.

I believe there is a difference in an isolated instance versus a series of events. I believe there is a difference between being asked by the FBI to make a statementand and doing it without being asked. I feel bad for the hardcore Republican fans who are trying to defend the GOP not making the statement. I know that is what y'all would have done and what you wish your team had done.

"Cantor said he doesn’t release information about the incidents of his own threats to the media because it will only ratchet up violence. But he did say a bullet shot through the window in his campaign office in Richmond Monday evening, and he has received threats because he is Jewish."

haha, I won't release information, btw i had a bullet go through my window and got anti-semitic comments. But I won't release any information.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
"Cantor said he doesn’t release information about the incidents of his own threats to the media because it will only ratchet up violence. But he did say a bullet shot through the window in his campaign office in Richmond Monday evening, and he has received threats because he is Jewish."

haha, I won't release information, btw i had a bullet go through my window and got anti-semitic comments. But I won't release any information.

He actually gets to have more fun than just that.

"To use such threats against members of congress is not a partisan issue," he said. "By ratcheting up the rhetoric some will only inflame these situations to dangerous levels."

"It is reckless to use these incidents as media vehicles for political gain," he said. He called out DCCC Chair Chris Van Hollen and DNC Chair Tim Kaine by name as those who are "dangerously fanning the flames by suggesting that these incidents be used as a political weapon."

It is reckless for anyone to use these incidents as media vehicles for political gain. How dare the other party do that!

Well, cantor is a douche, big surprise:

The Richmond Police Department released the following statement Thursday, along with this incident report:

Richmond Police Investigate Cantor Building Vandalism

March 25, 2010

The Richmond Police Department is investigating an act of vandalism at the Reagan Building, 25 E. Main St., Richmond, Virginia. A first floor window was struck by a bullet at approximately 1 a.m. on Tuesday, March 23. The building, which has several tenants including an office used by Congressman Eric Cantor, was unoccupied at the time.

A Richmond Police detective was assigned to the case. A preliminary investigation shows that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window in a downward direction, landing on the floor about a foot from the window. The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds. There was no other damage to the room, which is used occasionally for meetings by the congressman.

The Richmond Police Department is sharing information about the incident with appropriate law enforcement agencies.

At this time there are no suspects.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
A few hours after Mr. Cantor denounced Democrats for ratcheting up the rhetoric for political gain, he appeared as the featured guest on a conference call organized by the “S.T.O.P. Obama Tyranny National Coalition.”

That can't be possible. He was probably still shaken up that a bullet barely broke through a window of an old office window he once used and gently fell a few inches from said window after not being able to penetrate the blinds.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/25...shot-overnight/

Gun shots have been fire at Republican Rep. Eric Cantor's office.

Not only that, anti-semitic death threats are have been received at Cantors office from rabid Dem supporters. The Dems seem to be encouraging this behavior.

Cantor basically completely made this up. The bullet did hit his window but it was a random stray bullet that could've been fired from several hundred yards away and just happened to come down there and odds are probably like 99% the person that fired off the round didn't even know that was one of Cantor's offices or that it was even there. Then for fun he said "because I'm Jewish" as if the bullet had a note on it and tried to draw a weak equivalency.

edit: yeah basically what bmags posted.

Edited by lostfan

SarahPAC chose an interesting image for her facebook post:

24972_382925783587_24718773587_3655178_2

Also, Glen Beck encouraged people to think about picking up a gun because some leftist leaders had. Interestingly, he had these violent, gun-toting revolutionary leftists opposed to the Founding Fathers, who we all know never picked up a gun!

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
House Minority Whip Eric Cantor directly blamed top Democrats for “fanning the flames” regarding threats to members of Congress – and says his own office in Richmond was shot at earlier this week.

Cantor, a Virginia Republican, said the heads of the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are using allegations of harassment and threats to Democrats nationwide for political purposes.

Cantor said he doesn’t release information about the incidents of his own threats to the media because it will only ratchet up violence. But he did say a bullet shot through the window in his campaign office in Richmond Monday evening, and he has received threats because he is Jewish.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/...l#ixzz0jDBoLl5O

Wow.... so a congressman gets death threats, spit on, gas lines cut, etc... and the response is... "you're using that for political purposes."

This is like the husband asking his wife why she makes him beat her.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
Cantor basically completely made this up. The bullet did hit his window but it was a random stray bullet that could've been fired from several hundred yards away and just happened to come down there and odds are probably like 99% the person that fired off the round didn't even know that was one of Cantor's offices or that it was even there. Then for fun he said "because I'm Jewish" as if the bullet had a note on it and tried to draw a weak equivalency.

lol

where you get that information from?

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
lol

where you get that information from?

It was in the Richmond PD's statement (I don't have a link, bmags showed it to me earlier) where they said the bullet came thru the window in a downward direction, but didn't have enough force/velocity to damage the blinds.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
i think that faxing nooses, vandalizing and making death threats is the definition of crazy ass...but not to kap.

Yep. All those teabaggers are crazy muthaf***as. ALL of them.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)

edit: yeah basically what bmags posted.

Yea, and equivalizing the whole "tea bagger" movement is just as douchey.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
Yep. All those teabaggers are crazy muthaf***as. ALL of them.

As individuals they are as sane as you or I, but when they get their group think happening, then yeah, they are crazy muthaf***ers.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
As individuals they are as sane as you or I, but when they get their group think happening, then yeah, they are crazy muthaf***ers.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - K, Men In Black

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)

Can you at least stop with the spitting thing? that did not happen. They have video all over the damn internet of the members walking thru that group and no chants of n*gger, no spitting, no nothing. Jessie Jackson Jr was himself video taping that whole exchange. if that stuff did happen, you KNOW that his race-baiting father would have been on the news before anyone could wipe it away.

As for the refusal to make a joint statement, the Dems want to place the blame squarely on the Tea partiers, while the Repubs don't. Both have condemned the actions and rightly so. But how many times have you heard about a noose at a black college, or racial slurs painted somewhere, and it turns out that they were done by the people who reported it (who were black). Not unheard of and in fact, quite common.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
I'm sure you wouldn't mind broken windows at your home...or someone cutting your gas line.....or getting death threats on your voice mail. That's all normal.

Sure, when the shoe's on the other foot, it's ok.