How many games will this team win in 2010?

NorthSideSox72

How many games will the 2010 Sox win?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the 2010 Sox win?

• <72
    • 72-76
    • 77-81
    • 82-86
    • 87-91
    • 92-96
    • >96

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many question marks on the team. If you figure half of the players in question work out and half don't I see them winning about 85 games. A fast start would be most helpful. Obviously that is always good, but in this case it would be especially so. Put all the controversy aside and build confidence for the stretch run.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
There are too many question marks on the team. If you figure half of the players in question work out and half don't I see them winning about 85 games. A fast start would be most helpful. Obviously that is always good, but in this case it would be especially so. Put all the controversy aside and build confidence for the stretch run.

All teams in baseball have many question marks.

One thing that gives me confidence is the trends. I've noted in here before, if you look at career averages, the majority of players on this team had years in 2009 that were at or below their norms. That makes me think the team is more likely than not to see some good recovery from a majority of players. But this is all supposition of course, and its all very subjective.

Assuming the team is mostly healthy... I think the key is the outfield/DH rotation (TCQ, Rios, Pierre, Jones). As they go, this team will go. The pitching looks awfully solid to me, though Jenks is in question. Defense and speed are improved. If that OF foursome can be healthy and produce as their talent levels dictate, this team wins the ALC and goes over 90 wins.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
90 +-

I am more optimistic than pessimistic and would be more surprised at 82 than 95.

I think this team has probably about an equal chance of winning 100 as they do of winning 80. With this starting staff and the arms in the bullpen...a lot of stuff would have to go terribly wrong for them to win 80.

82-86, probably on the lower end of that, with the possibility of overachieving since this can be a 90 win or maybe even more team if the offense can even manage to be just slightly (to maybe even modestly) below average. I think it's very possible a move is made that moves the team into that 87-91 range eventually though even beyond that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

My concern is our 2nd half swoons that we always seem to have. Even in 2005 our intensity seemed to drop. I don't know if it's conditioning, Ozzie, the players, or what but I don't think we can afford a lackluster 2nd half with our offensive holes.