Final Four

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
One of the great championship games ever played? Maybe one of the closest, but that game was pretty awful in terms of execution.

This is pretty much how I feel about the vast majority of the tournament this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
One of the great championship games ever played? Maybe one of the closest, but that game was pretty awful in terms of execution.

Maybe on the offensive end... the execution on the defensive end was great by both teams. it was nice to see a title game played this hard on both ends of the floor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Maybe on the offensive end... the execution on the defensive end was great by both teams. it was nice to see a title game played this hard on both ends of the floor.

When is a title game ever not played that hard on both ends of the court? Because I guarantee it wouldn't have looked like Butler was playing that hard if they were facing UNC from last year and getting run off the floor.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 04:42 AM)
When is a title game ever not played that hard on both ends of the court? Because I guarantee it wouldn't have looked like Butler was playing that hard if they were facing UNC from last year and getting run off the floor.

Couldn't agree more...Butler's offense in the 2nd half was pathetic. Not exactly exciting seeing a team score half their points in a half from the FT line.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)

I'm completely with you on this one. The defense and physicality was fantastic in this game and quite enjoyable to watch. Don't really care that there weren't a lot of points scored because there really weren't many good shots to be had, I personally thought that was one hell of a game.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:44 AM)
No one for Butler stepped up enough offensively. Take out Avery Jukes and Butler shot 30%. Veasley missed all 5 of his 3-pointers which if I recall weren't that closely contested

Yep, and Hayward didn't make a jump shot all game. Mack hit those 2 quick 3 pointers, but he sucked afterwards. Butler's defense was sensational as always, but their offense the last 2 games was HORRIBLE!

Also, did Zoubek miss that last FT on purpose because if so that is unbelievably stupid strategy on the part of Coach K. You never bring a potential loss into the equation in regulation. Make the FT and if they make a prayer to send it in to OT fine, but to give them a chance to win it in regulation is just dumb.