Which starter should we get?

SoxFan1

Which Starting Pitcher should Kenny Williams get at the trade deadline?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starting Pitcher should Kenny Williams get at the trade deadline?

• Livan Hernandez
    • Kevin Jarvis
    • Jeff Suppan
    • Kelvim Escobar
    • Cory Lidle
    • Kris Benson
    • Other (Specify Who)

I voted "other" because I am going to go out onto a limb and say NO ONE! I say we keep our minor leaguers and promote from within. It is time to see what these kids are worth. We have raided the farm system plenty in the last few years and don't need to do it anymore.

Kevin Jarvis and Danny Graves or Mike Stanton.

Gives the Sox two veterans that can contribute immediately. Both make money, but it wouldn't cost much more then two or three fring to average prospects to get the two of them.

Graves (29 years old) career numbers:

39-32, 130 SV, 3.83 ERA, 650.1 INN, 25 GS, 347 K, .266 BAA

Mike Stanton (36 YR Old) Career Numbers:

55-41, 204 HLD, 42 SV, 3.81 ERA

This Season:

2-4, 7 HLD, 1 S, 1 BS, 4.94 ERA, 27.1 INN

He has been injured for parts of this season. Stanton makes 2 mill a year for the next two years I think.

Kevin Jarvis (33 Years Old) career numbers:

33-40, 1 SV, 5.69 ERA, 109 Starts

This season:

4-2, 3.91 ERA, 50.2 Inn (8 starts)

Hasn't made many starst the past two season with injuries. Is healthy now and pitching very good. I think he's gonna be one of those guys that has a few really good years after never really been noticed much during most of his career (Ala Woody Williams).

I wouldnt want Kevin jarvis..

Too old... if we are making a trade I would rather get someone that would stick around for a while like Escobar or Graves

Even though I am not too high on graves

I like what we got in our minors to work with

I know this is way off topic, but I noticed something in Jason's post that made me have to speak up.

The HOLD stat for pitchers has to be the most worthless stat ever invented. I have never seen helpful use of this stat in evaluating anyone.

I know this is way off topic, but I noticed something in Jason's post that made me have to speak up.

The HOLD stat for pitchers has to be the most worthless stat ever invented.  I have never seen helpful use of this stat in evaluating anyone.

Its about the first time i've ever even used it.

Just tell me the ERA, innings pitched, k's, walks and I can tell ya if the guy is any good.

The HOLD stat for pitchers has to be the most worthless stat ever invented.  I have never seen helpful use of this stat in evaluating anyone.

Just tell me the ERA, innings pitched, k's, walks and I can tell ya if the guy is any good.

I'll add hits allowed to those, Jason...

The Hold stat helps you see how many times the reliever has enetered the game and NOT given up the lead.. In a way I think this is a useful stat although I would rather look at ERA and record K's Innings Pitched and Walks before I looked at holds but they arent that bad..

It just gives you an idea about how they do when they are in the game with a close lead

The Hold stat helps you see how many times the reliever has enetered the game and NOT given up the lead.. In a way I think this is a useful stat although I would rather look at ERA and record K's Innings Pitched and Walks before I looked at holds but they arent that bad..

It just gives you an idea about how they do when they are in the game with a close lead

True, but if you don't hold the lead, what do you get? A blown save if the game is in the 7th inning or later.

A Hold is a weak attempt at trying to measure how many inherited runners score.

I'll add hits allowed to those, Jason...

Agreed or more specifically BAA and WHIP.

No, the save stat is pretty overrated, too.

Other, meaning Jake Peavy if he's not part of the Giles/Kendall deal. It looks like the Padres will give up O. Perez and Nady for those two or nothing. If that's the case, they might trade the Jakester for a Carlos Lee or Carl Everett for next season's big opening in the new ballpark. Add possibly Tejada to the mix and boy I'm excited as sh1t about my local team next year.

Other, meaning Jake Peavy if he's not part of the Giles/Kendall deal. It looks like the Padres will give up O. Perez and Nady for those two or nothing. If that's the case, they might trade the Jakester for a Carlos Lee or Carl Everett for next season's big opening in the new ballpark. Add possibly Tejada to the mix and boy I'm excited as sh1t about my local team next year.

ahhh my favorite subject trading for sfo or sd pitching prospect.

why not trade clee, move everett to the corner and start rowan,

get peavy and lairino from sd.