Which starter should we get?

SoxFan1

Which Starting Pitcher should Kenny Williams get at the trade deadline?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starting Pitcher should Kenny Williams get at the trade deadline?

• Livan Hernandez
    • Kevin Jarvis
    • Jeff Suppan
    • Kelvim Escobar
    • Cory Lidle
    • Kris Benson
    • Other (Specify Who)

I like the following in this order, Jeff Suppan, Kelvim Escobar, Kevin Jarvis. In that order. Suppan has double digit wins on a team that is awful. He threw a complete game shut-out against the Cardinals whom have the best everyday line-up in baseball. Escobar does have really nasty stuff and would love to see him in the rotation or bullpen. Jarvis I like as a last resort.

I know this is way off topic, but I noticed something in Jason's post that made me have to speak up.

The HOLD stat for pitchers has to be the most worthless stat ever invented.  I have never seen helpful use of this stat in evaluating anyone.

Its about the first time i've ever even used it.

Just tell me the ERA, innings pitched, k's, walks and I can tell ya if the guy is any good.

I'll add hits allowed to those, Jason...

I like to use WHIP as a primary tool to evaluate a pitcher's performance. One thing i would do is substitute hit by pitches for intentional walks in that stat.

I like the following in this order, Jeff Suppan, Kelvim Escobar, Kevin Jarvis.  In that order.  Suppan has double digit wins on a team that is awful.  He threw a complete game shut-out against the Cardinals whom have the best everyday line-up in baseball.  Escobar does have really nasty stuff and would love to see him in the rotation or bullpen.  Jarvis I like as a last resort.

I like Suppan. If I'm going to give up talent let it be to a Cub rival.

I think with Suppan there's a better chance to re-sign him & give up the least in talent.

Of course KW thought Wells & Fogg was giving up the least a year ago, so you never know.

In comparison, if Wright & a mL arm can get us Suppan I'm for it.

I know this is way off topic, but I noticed something in Jason's post that made me have to speak up.

The HOLD stat for pitchers has to be the most worthless stat ever invented.  I have never seen helpful use of this stat in evaluating anyone.

No, the save stat is pretty overrated, too.

I wish they had stats (stats Inc probly does somewhere but i never see em anywhere) for 1 run lead save stats. Those are the ones that mean something. A 3 run save? Almost anyone in the bullpen could achieve that most nights.

Wins are somewhat useless too. Not completely, but there are much better stats to use to evaluate pitchers. However most people will be like "what's this guy's record" to make a judgment on how good he is

ahhh my favorite subject trading for sfo or sd pitching prospect.

why not trade clee, move everett to the corner and start rowan,

get peavy and lairino from sd.

What in the hell makes you think that San Diego would give up a potential stud starter for Carlos Lee?

Reality check boys. It ain't gonna happen.

I gotta agree with you. Peavy isn't going anywhere and I personally haven't heard any trade rumors about him. I would be shocked if Peavy was traded anywhere. Especially if it is for offense. That team has no pitching as it is. Texas is the perfect example for what a buttload of offense and no pitching gets you.

ahhh my favorite subject trading for sfo or sd pitching prospect.

why not trade clee, move everett to the corner and start rowan,

get peavy and lairino from sd.

What in the hell makes you think that San Diego would give up a potential stud starter for Carlos Lee?

Reality check boys. It ain't gonna happen.

ok i may be dreaming on this, but the point is we should be open for trades. moving players that can help now and lessen up the posibilities for more in the future.

this wasn't as bad as any other suggestions. is a trading going to happen, prob not.

so what do you think clee is worth in ref to prospect. a rowan, preavy, a kotch?

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any talks of Schoenweis being moved, but with the Angels pen stacked higher than (insert simile here), Schoenweis could be a cheap #5 starter/long reliever for the Sox.

actually in cbs rumors>>>>>>>>>.

Angels ...............Updated: 7/27/2003

The Los Angeles Times reported the Astros and Braves, both in search of relief help, could consider acquiring the Angels' Scott Schoeneweis.

by this i take that the angels may entertain offers for his services.

Read yesterday that the Angels will consider moving him. It be stupid on their part though because they have Sele and Appier in the rotation who suck, so I think the Angels will hold onto him and if they move him...Cards have been scouting him.

Read yesterday that the Angels will consider moving him. It be stupid on their part though because they have Sele and Appier in the rotation who suck, so I think the Angels will hold onto him and if they move him...Cards have been scouting him.

now that the stos went and got mileci i doubt they are interested anymore. maybe the price is too much or maybe there was nothing to the rpt.