25 man roster set

Kalapse

Hudson, Lillibridge and De Aza were all be optioned to AAA and Greg Aquino, Leesman, Lucy and Threets were all reassigned to minor league camp.

Your 2010 White Sox Opening Day roster:

1. Pierzynski

2. Konerko

3. Beckham

4. Teahen

5. Ramirez

6. Pierre

7. Rios

8. Quenin

9. Kotsay

10. Jones

11. Vizquel

12. Nix

13. Castro

14. Peavy

15. Buehrle

16. Floyd

17. Danks

18. Garcia

19. Jenks

20. Thornton

21. Putz

22. Pena

23. Williams

24. Linebrink

25. Santos

I know, I know, shocking! What a bizarre spring, this is the exact same 25 man roster most everyone would have predicted in January. Don't know that I've ever seen that from the Sox before.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
I'm heartbroken that Jason Botts didn't make the 40-man roster. I think every team should be required to have at least one man who looks shockingly like Frankenstein in their locker room.

He was so ugly, they released him. He's stalking around Glendale waiting for a thunderstorm.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
He was so ugly, they released him.

When I was in Tempe, Botts was in charge of tipping the locker room attendant who had gotten them dominoes pizza for the post-game meal. I could’ve sworn he leaned over and said, “You’re lucky I’m letting you live.”

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
When I was in Tempe, Botts was in charge of tipping the locker room attendant who had gotten them dominoes pizza for the post-game meal. I could’ve sworn he leaned over and said, “You’re lucky I’m letting you live.”

As long as he's swinging a bat, then you have a chance to escape.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
Glad they stayed with 12 pitchers. Odds are Linebrink will fall apart or need a DL trip anyway, so we might as well keep them fresh, instead of pitching once every 10 days or so.

Fixed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Who is the odds on favorite to be the Soxtalk whipping boy this year? Linebrink looks like he has a big early lead

Pods is gone, it's Linebrink #1 and Pierre #2 now.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
above-average pinch runner needed. we can tell ourselves it doesnt matter that much but it comes in handy at the moment where Ws can become Ls

No room for that on a 25 man AL roster, its a waste of space. Also, because the whole team is faster and more athletic (as a group, not each individual), you are already improved in that area.

Unrelated... I haven't looked at the OD roster and felt this good about the team since 2006.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
No room for that on a 25 man AL roster, its a waste of space. Also, because the whole team is faster and more athletic (as a group, not each individual), you are already improved in that area.

Unrelated... I haven't looked at the OD roster and felt this good about the team since 2006.

Yes but in 2006 I felt so good I was purchasing world series tickets (ok not really but you know what I mean), and we didn't even make playoffs.

In the real world this is as good as it gets. Of course there is a hole or two, but every team has them. In general I always prefer the chances of a "youngin' who never did it before" stepping up than trying to recatch a youth.

If someone predicted 100 wins for this team, I wouldn't think they were too crazy. On the other hand, a couple injuries, that would be reasonable, could make 82 wins a struggle.

I'm strangely comfortable with this roster. I wasn't a month ago but now it looks good. I think every part of the roster is better except DH. The key for this team is to avoid injuries. I'm not sure this team can take more than 1 big guy out at a time.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Or Mark Kotsay

I am fine with Kotsay as long as he plays the role he is supposed to play. My problem with Linebrink is that he cannot do that with any sort of consistency, and when he goes bad, he goes really bad