Kenny Williams is Calling for a Blackout for Opening Day

whtsox13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this game gonna be on CSN or ESPN2?

i'm tired of this being blacked out because I dont live in chicago nonsense, all of IL should be considered for Sox blackout restrictions, regional s*** pisses me off

i don't want to watch the cardinals on Fox Saturdays when the Sox are on at the same time

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
is this game gonna be on CSN or ESPN2?

i'm tired of this being blacked out because I dont live in chicago nonsense, all of IL should be considered for Sox blackout restrictions, regional s*** pisses me off

i don't want to watch the cardinals on Fox Saturdays when the Sox are on at the same time

Both CSN and ESPN2 ?

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
Cmon Kenneth, blackout is gonna lose all its intensity now.

Blackout games should be reserved for MUST WIN games. I hope they don't wear it out. I was there at the play in game in 08. Blackout games have POWER. I've witnessed it first hand. I was there screaming at the top of my lungs "THIS AIN'T THE DOME B**HES!!!" And like Peter Parker's Uncle Ben says... "With great power comes great responsibility". We must not misuse the power of the Blackout...

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
Blackout games should be reserved for MUST WIN games. I hope they don't wear it out. I was there at the play in game in 08. Blackout games have POWER. I've witnessed it first hand. I was there screaming at the top of my lungs "THIS AIN'T THE DOME B**HES!!!" And like Peter Parker's Uncle Ben says... "With great power comes great responsibility". We must not misuse the power of the Blackout...

Technically, aren't all games must win games? I think KW is trying to set the tone for the season. Come out with intensity from the opening gate and jump out to a huge lead. It's the same as in 2005 when we came out blazing. I understand it and if I were going to Opening Day, I'd fully support it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
Still if your going to the game don't not wear black because you don't believe in it, wear black because a half assed blackout is worse then a full opening day black out.

This!

Please, just do it for the sake of not embarassing the organazation. The place would look horrible with a half blackout.