Jake Peavy is fired up

Balta1701

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
It's weird to think that when I first saw the thread title, my first thought was "ok, we get it... he's an intense competitor, sweet...". I was almost getting sick of being inundated with stories about how amped Peavy is to pitch, and to pitch for US. And then I took a step back and thought "niiiice... every other team would KILL for a Cy Young pitcher that is just dying to get the ball", and here I am thinking that it's overkill to see all these stories about how excited he is. Hell, I LOVE this. Burls is an amazing pitcher, Floyd and Danks are amazing in their own right, but we now have that stud pitcher with attitude, the drive to teach (and more importantly) lead and drive others on the team. Buerhle is awesome for everything he does, but his strength is not in the clubhouse, it's on the field. I really think Peavy will be an awesome fit here, psyched to have him. :headbang: :gosox3:

I agree with everything but the bolded part. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Danks cited Buehrle as one of the sources for helping him develop his new cutter? And as far as I know, everyone in the clubhouse loves Mark Buehrle. If anything, I feel Buehrle is more loved for his off the field charisma than anything else. I mean, lets face it, hes not ALWAYS awesome on the mound, but people will ALWAYS love him. And did you know he allowed cameras to come film his dogs? He was in an episode on Animal Planet of some show, showing of his kick ass dogs. And because of that, my fiance loves the guy too (she was a Wildlife major)! This guy is a class act, through and through.

Jake Peavy and Gordon Beckham are definitely the two players I can't WAIT to start watching again. Peavy's three starts last year just got me so fired up about this staff. I used to gush over Peavy to my Padres fan friend back in high school, and I NEVER imagined he'd actually be playing for my team someday. I'm like a kid at Christmas!

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Jake Peavy and Gordon Beckham are definitely the two players I can't WAIT to start watching again. Peavy's three starts last year just got me so fired up about this staff. I used to gush over Peavy to my Padres fan friend back in high school, and I NEVER imagined he'd actually be playing for my team someday. I'm like a kid at Christmas!

I remember when he first was on the trading block, I wanted him badly. But the Sox weren't on his list of teams and I was sad.

Then we got him, I remember being amped and telling my Sox-Fan Spanish teacher. He too was amped.

Then he turned it down.

Then he accepted!

Then always right in the world.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
I remember when he first was on the trading block, I wanted him badly. But the Sox weren't on his list of teams and I was sad.

Then we got him, I remember being amped and telling my Sox-Fan Spanish teacher. He too was amped.

Then he turned it down.

Then he accepted!

Then always right in the world.

Yeah, I remember reading the posts over at that over Sox forum (blanking), and people debating all night whether or not this poster had any real sources or not. I ended up believing it and was convinced he was coming, but obviously I was let down. Then it happened, AGAIN, and I couldn't believe it! It sucked too because he was injured, and I had to look at the roster everyday and see his name.. anticipating. It was rough.

Good things come to those who wait, I guess.