No wonder why Brian Anderson could never hit...

I don't remember BA getting released by the Red Sox. Poor guy, I always liked him. He sucked though, in the end, and just a glove doesn't cut it these days, especially when the bat is THAT bad. Good luck with whatever he ends up doing though!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribune News Services

Brian Anderson ... the next Sergio Santos?

Former White Sox OF Brian Anderson has been sent to the Royals minor league system, but Kansas City manager Trey Hillman said he has opted to try to become a pitcher. Hillman said Anderson will start in the low minors.

"I'm not sure how that process is going to go, but its got to start at the very bottom." Hillman said. "We're milling through that right now. He's committed to making a go of it. So that's what we're going to do."

Anderson last pitched in college for Arizona, where he appeared in 17 games and had a 5.40 ERA in 21 2-3 innings.

Selected by the White Sox with the 15th overall pick in the 2003 amateur draft, Anderson has a .227 average in five major league seasons with 22 homers and 80 RBIs.

Well this is a news story, so yes it is true folks. BA to pull an Ankiel (or technically.. a Santos, though BA was the better hitter in the minors.) BA was a much better hitter than pitcher in college though. If anyone I thought would do it when he flopped (I'm talking who was in our org. at one time), it would had been Ryan Sweeney who was a stud pitcher in high school.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
This story depresses me for some reason. I guess it has a lot to do with me watching highlights of the blackout game and seeing BA finish it off with the diving catch in center. It's a damn shame he could never put it together.

It's just a culmination of a failed ballplayer. Some guys just aren't good enough to hang at the ML level. I'll never forget the defensive show he put on the first half of '06, though.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
Dude couldnt even make the Royals roster as a backup. Looks like his time is up, though for some reason the royals did sign Pods and Ankiel.

To be fair, the Royals did have like 10 outfielders trying to make the team.

It's kind of funny. I assume he signed with the Royals in anticipation that he'd be able to make the team out of Spring, and then they ended up signing Podsednik and Ankiel, who are both relatively meaningless signings, which cost him a job on the opening day roster. This just seems like frustration at this point.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
This story depresses me for some reason. I guess it has a lot to do with me watching highlights of the blackout game and seeing BA finish it off with the diving catch in center. It's a damn shame he could never put it together.

^^^^ I second that, hell of a defensive centerfielder and a ladies man! :headbang

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
Brian Anderson has a better shot to have a successful career as a baseball analyst on one of the networks. He is a pretty funny and charasmatic guy.

True, he will be next to Singleton with ESPN before you know it! BTW, your avatar is far and away the best in all of PHT.

Brian Anderson has a better shot to have a successful career as a baseball analyst on one of the networks. He is a pretty funny and charasmatic guy.

Yeah but he's Brian Anderson. A total nobody. No network would hire him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
Yeah but he's Brian Anderson. A total nobody. No network would hire him.

Singleton wasn't really a big name. He had a couple solid seasons and played good defense. He did spend a short time with the Yankees. If he can make it, I'd have to think a guy like Anderson would have a shot if he wanted to do that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Singleton wasn't really a big name. He had a couple solid seasons and played good defense. He did spend a short time with the Yankees. If he can make it, I'd have to think a guy like Anderson would have a shot if he wanted to do that.

From what I've heard, Darrin Jackson wasn't all that memorable either.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)

There is no comparing the career's of Singleton and Anderson. Singleton atleast played a lot and his numbers blow BA's out of the water.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
There is no comparing the career's of Singleton and Anderson. Singleton atleast played a lot and his numbers blow BA's out of the water.

I'm not comparing the careers, just stating that Singleton wasn't some special player. Singleton was a much better player than Anderson but neither were widely recognizable names.

I don't remember BA getting released by the Red Sox. Poor guy, I always liked him. He sucked though, in the end, and just a glove doesn't cut it these days, especially when the bat is THAT bad. Good luck with whatever he ends up doing though!

They just couldn´t fill the holes in his bat could they??