Tuesday, July 29 game thread

clujer420

We got a Sox winner and I don't care to get into much else, but there's plenty of quality programming to instill family values without shoving pre-school level Christian findamentalism down the throats of kids that might actually buy into it.  Now that is dangerous.

So what Veggie Tales preaches (that God not only exists, but that with his help anything is possible and that he loves all of us), while at the same time helping kids deal with everyday problems and issues, is wrong and dangerous? I don't agree with that at all.

And yes, it is geared towards young kids, but if you would get over yourself and actually watch it, you might find that it's quite funny and entertaining for people of all ages.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! DP!!!

KC royals: vão tomar no CÚ!!!

Im going to take no ____. What goes in the blank rafa?

No roman, it's not i'm going to take, it's KC Royals: go f*** yourselves...

But Cú means Ass...

Theyare going to take in the ass... so makes no sense.

Go f*** yourselves, makes more sense. :D

Oh. Va a tomar no means Im/Hes going to take no in Spanish...

So what Veggie Tales preaches (that God not only exists, but that with his help anything is possible and that he loves all of us), while at the same time helping kids deal with everyday problems and issues, is wrong and dangerous?  I don't agree with that at all.

And yes, it is geared towards young kids, but if you would get over yourself and actually watch it, you might find that it's quite funny and entertaining for people of all ages.

i feel like a tent revival coming on.......... can we all hold hands on this.

what the f*** are you spouting about.  :huh:

hsc is not even here today and you are bringing her in? for what purpose?

If you don't understand what I'm "spouting about", stay out of it.

And if you don't know why I bring HSC into this, maybe you should start reading the various threads and then you'd understand.

Thank you.

why as you said earlier that i can post anything i want here, why should i have to go the off topic board and open a thread to find out what is happening or to look at other post.

geeze make up you mind.

If you don't know what the topic of conversation, it's your job to find out if you wish to be in the know. Otherwise, just stay out of it, especially when it doesn't involve you.

So what Veggie Tales preaches (that God not only exists, but that with his help anything is possible and that he loves all of us), while at the same time helping kids deal with everyday problems and issues, is wrong and dangerous?  I don't agree with that at all.

TESTIFY!!!

When hawk said he'd shave it off my brother and I both agreed to do the same if we made 10.  We got to 8 and neither of us was blinking, but I was getting worried because i think I ghave a pretty ugly head.

now that is what i called a fan.

most excellent. what will happen if they start another streak?

Your VeggieTales avatar is probably a good indicator of where your convistions lie.  I couldn't get those awful brainwashing tapes out of my kids reach when I got a load of them.

There is a large and ever-growing body of evidence that homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it any sort of abomination, just the way some people are born.  There are nutty groups that preach that gays can be converted to straightdom, or at least can learn to curb their desires, but that's a reflection of their hang-ups and noone else's

I don't know what a "convistion" is, but don't assume that my appreciation for a quality cartoon means anything more than that. You and HSC, jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

And yes, it's so awful that a company is trying to teach kids how to deal with peer pressure, how to share, how to help those in need, to tell the truth, that anything is possible despite phsycial shortcomings. But, maybe you prefer to raise your kids with things like rated R movies and video games that glamorize car jackings, murder, and drug use. You and cwsox should get together and take a field trip to John Wayne Gacy's house. I hear it's a barrel of laughs over there.

:fyou

Whats your thing with John Gacy? Youve talked about twice recently, suggesting field trips to his house. I do believe federal agents destroyed his house searching for bodies tho. So a field trip is quite impossible...

It goes back to cwsox taking his 8 year old grandson on a field trip to Gacy's home town and "teaching him about life". I found that completely absurd, and will continue to mention it until I don't find it funny anymore.

TESTIFY!!!

do i hear a heal in there or is it heel

Yeah, I've seen a couple and I think they have some funny bits -- there's one where the cucumber thing is a superhero and he's fighting someone who is giving everybody angry eyebrows. Then, of course, they ruin it by having him shout out "Remember, God loves you" or some other such thing.

The Noah movie was the one that was over the top. Got into Old testament geneology --for a preschool audience?!

But Cú means Ass...

Roman, it's portuguese. :) I'm brazilian.

Vá tomar no cú, you go f*** yourself or you go f*** yourselves.

Você entendeu??? Do you understand??

Your VeggieTales avatar is probably a good indicator of where your convistions lie.  I couldn't get those awful brainwashing tapes out of my kids reach when I got a load of them.

There is a large and ever-growing body of evidence that homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it any sort of abomination, just the way some people are born.  There are nutty groups that preach that gays can be converted to straightdom, or at least can learn to curb their desires, but that's a reflection of their hang-ups and noone else's

I don't know what a "convistion" is, but don't assume that my appreciation for a quality cartoon means anything more than that. You and HSC, jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

And yes, it's so awful that a company is trying to teach kids how to deal with peer pressure, how to share, how to help those in need, to tell the truth, that anything is possible despite phsycial shortcomings. But, maybe you prefer to raise your kids with things like rated R movies and video games that glamorize car jackings, murder, and drug use. You and cwsox should get together and take a field trip to John Wayne Gacy's house. I hear it's a barrel of laughs over there.

:fyou

Whats your thing with John Gacy? Youve talked about twice recently, suggesting field trips to his house. I do believe federal agents destroyed his house searching for bodies tho. So a field trip is quite impossible...

It goes back to cwsox taking his 8 year old grandson on a field trip to Gacy's home town and "teaching him about life". I found that completely absurd, and will continue to mention it until I don't find it funny anymore.

Whoa, cwsox is like my best friend here but thats a bit disturbing. Carry on...

But Cú means Ass...

I know. Portuguese and Spanish are very similar. Thats how I made that guess...

Yeah, I've seen a couple and I think they have some funny bits -- there's one where the cucumber thing is a superhero and he's fighting someone who is giving everybody angry eyebrows.  Then, of course, they ruin it by having him shout out "Remember, God loves you" or some other such thing.

The Noah movie was the one that was over the top.  Got into Old testament geneology --for a preschool audience?!

It was "Jonah", BTW.

And it's Larry the Cucumber, and his superhero character is "Larry Boy", and is quite hilarious (with the Batman take offs and all).

But Cú means Ass...

I know. Portuguese and Spanish are very similar. Thats how I made that guess...

But if you wanna say f*** you for another person, Foda-se or Vá tomar no cú.

:lol:

Yeah, I've seen a couple and I think they have some funny bits -- there's one where the cucumber thing is a superhero and he's fighting someone who is giving everybody angry eyebrows.  Then, of course, they ruin it by having him shout out "Remember, God loves you" or some other such thing.

The Noah movie was the one that was over the top.  Got into Old testament geneology --for a preschool audience?!

It was "Jonah", BTW.

And it's Larry the Cucumber, and his superhero character is "Larry Boy", and is quite hilarious (with the Batman take offs and all).

Yeah, Jonah, sorry. The kids had it on in the back of the van and all I coould make oyt was Maccabites this and Somewhozits that, and I made sure the tape got left back at Grandma's.

My kids watch Little Bear, Care Bears, Arthur, etc., and they all have a very positive message but manage to remain secular rather than supernatural. There is much more uplifying kid's programming on now than when I was growing up to be sure.

:lol:

I was eating dinner so I didn't get to add the finishing piece :D

Of course I came to make the post and see an extended thread on that cartoon. I knew when I saw the first post asking about it that this thread would take a life of its own :lol: