White Sox Will Be Champions

Quin

Here is my vision for the end of the 2010 season:

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen and general manager Ken Williams knocking FOX’s Chris Rose to the ground while wrestling for the World Series trophy.

Ozzie’s youngest son, Oney, ripping Williams in a tweet delivered straight from the victory podium.

Ozzie’s oldest son, Ozzie Jr., pouring champagne on his girlfriend and fellow reality TV star, Kim Kardashian.

That’s right, I’m picking Team Wacko to win the World Series

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Rosenth...d-Series-033110

Rosenthal has the Sox beating the Phillies in the World Series.

His picks:

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: White Sox

AL West: Angels

AL Wild Card: Red Sox

NL East: Phillies

NL Central: Cardinals

NL West: Rockies

NL Wild Card: Braves

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, rock solid starting pitching, the relief work of Thornton and Jenks, plus the godly hitting of CQ, Beckham and Lexi, will lead us to the WS title. Solid contributions from everybody else. That would be awesome.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)
Very nice to hear a very respected writer make these projections. Rosenthal is about as solid as it gets amongst baseball writers.

Rosenthal, Gammons, Kurkjian, and Stark are the only baseball writers I actually like, and I know Rosenthal, Gammons, and Stark all like the Sox to some degree.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
Rosenthal, Gammons, Kurkjian, and Stark are the only baseball writers I actually like, and I know Rosenthal, Gammons, and Stark all like the Sox to some degree.

It's hard not to with the best rotation in the AL Central and quite possibly the best rotation in the AL or even the MLB. If this team gets any offense at all, they are going to be very, very dangerous.

I'm sure the statement has been made many times, in one form or another, but how many people figured the 2005 Sox would win the World Series? And looking bad at that year, many of us (myself included) would have never thought so in August during the death spiral. Everything came together in the playoffs, though. Imagine the pitching staff pitching like they are capable and the majority of the team staying healthy...gets you kind of excited doesn't it?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
I don't think anybody can argue with the theory that this team would be as good (or at least as dangerous) as anybody in a playoff scenario. The problem is, how will they come up with enough wins to get in there?

Having a semi-potent offense.

Its amazing how much more solid a baseball writer becomes when they count the White Sox as one of the best. I've read for years on this board that Rosenthal was an idiot.

I like Rosenthal's columns, but am concerned about his prediction. It appears his pre-season picks haven't been on the money.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 07:04 AM)
Its amazing how much more solid a baseball writer becomes when they count the White Sox as one of the best. I've read for years on this board that Rosenthal was an idiot.

I like Rosenthal's columns, but am concerned about his prediction. It appears his pre-season picks haven't been on the money.

And he may still be an idiot for picking the Sox to win the World Series. It's definitely not a safe prediction. 162 games makes for a long-ass season, and anything can happen. I'm hopeful and moderately optimistic that the Sox can take the division, but beyond that I'm a little more nervous.

If the Sox start the season strong, there will be plenty of conjecture and talk of a division win. But, if after 20 games they're 8-12, there will be much discussion of 2011. My point is that it's pretty damn early to start picking WS winners. I realize that is the job of sports writers, and Rosenthal's pick of the Sox is cool...just not a safe one...which makes it all that much cooler.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 07:04 AM)

It is more my experience that the people who don't like him just aren't saying anything. I seriously doubt any one person's opinion flipped of Rosenthal based on this one article.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
It is more my experience that the people who don't like him just aren't saying anything. I seriously doubt any one person's opinion flipped of Rosenthal based on this one article.

I never thought of him as an idiot, but it has seemed he has been biased against the wsox in the past which makes him choosing them to win the WS a little bit surprising.

It's hard not to with the best rotation in the AL Central and quite possibly the best rotation in the AL or even the MLB. If this team gets any offense at all, they are going to be very, very dangerous.

Can´t argue with. Spots 1-4 are as solid as it gets.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
It's hard not to feel optimistic about a team whose manager was quoted on April 1 as saying, "he could use Vizquel or Juan Pierre occasionally at DH this season,"and was not joking.

When your outfield is Jones, Rios and Quentin, your DH is gravy. everyone acts like the outfield is Mackowiak, Dye and Podsednik with Pierre as DH.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
When your outfield is Jones, Rios and Quentin, your DH is gravy. everyone acts like the outfield is Mackowiak, Dye and Podsednik with Pierre as DH.

Right now our opening day DH is Mark Kotsay. I don't think that's gravy, but it's certainly a brownish color.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
It's hard not to feel optimistic about a team whose manager was quoted on April 1 as saying, "he could use Vizquel or Juan Pierre occasionally at DH this season,"and was not joking.

Vizquel I get, but why WOULDN'T we want Pierre at DH if his fielding replacement is Rios/Jones?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 05:04 AM)

Rosenthal is one of the best in the game. Anyone that calls him an idiot is a dumbass. Same with Gammons, Heyman, Olney, Nightengale, and Kurkijan.

And yes, there are a lot of people on fan sites that are dumbasses and rip on good sports reporters because they don't say what they want to say or because the rumor that came out didn't turn out to be true. It's ridiculous.