4/5/10 Opening day IGT. White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
What'd he do exactly beside being a fan of professional wrestling.....I guess that could be it.

Lets just say used to be Jim Hellwig, and he came back as Ultimate Warrior, and Vince McMahon told him to take a hike

Per InsideTheSox twitter, opening day lineup will be as follows:

1. Pierre - LF

2. Beckham - 2B

3. Quentin - RF

4. Konerko - 1B

5. Kotsay - DH

6. Rios - CF

7. Pierzynski - C

8. Teahen - 3B

9. Ramirez - SS

See, Kotsay's not batting 3rd. Why don't you step back from that ledge, my friend.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
See, Kotsay's not batting 3rd. Why don't you step back from that ledge, my friend.

No offense, Scotty, but why not wait till a month into the season till we tell people not to jump to conclusions based on quotes from the mouth of the manager?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
Lets just say used to be Jim Hellwig, and he came back as Ultimate Warrior, and Vince McMahon told him to take a hike

Man, I used to kinda like him as a poster but when will someone give up. Or maybe even a simple apology is all thats needed and he can come back on good terms...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
No offense, Scotty, but why not wait till a month into the season till we tell people not to jump to conclusions based on quotes from the mouth of the manager?

I think if Ozzie was gonna ride Kotsay's hot hand and put him in the 3-hole, he'd do it right out of his blistering spring training. Maybe I'm wrong.

Wrestlers had a serious problem working with Ultimate Warrior in the ring. He was a roided freak who didnt pay any dues and was given fame right away. Then he'd get in the ring and do holds all wrong. A time or two he dropped people on their heads b/c he was doing the gorilla press wrong. Led to serious----real---injuries

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)

This works both ways Bolt. You have been extremely loud about it for the better part of a month

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Wrestlers had a serious problem working with Ultimate Warrior in the ring. He was a roided freak who didnt pay any dues and was given fame right away. Then he'd get in the ring and do holds all wrong. A time or two he dropped people on their heads b/c he was doing the gorilla press wrong. Led to serious----real---injuries

lol. I wasnt talking about the real warrior, it was a metaphor for the poster.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
Kotsay batting 5th is a joke, too.

There is nobody hitting behind him that is any better for the position than Kotsay. If anything it says something about the bottom of our lineup.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
There is nobody hitting behind him that is any better for the position than Kotsay. If anything it says something about the bottom of our lineup.

Other than not being left-handed, there's no reason Rios shouldn't be hitting 5th. But you know Ozzie.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
Other than not being left-handed, there's no reason Rios shouldn't be hitting 5th. But you know Ozzie.

Meh, one was awful the last couple months of last season, one was decent. They were both really good this Spring. I don't think it matters to be honest.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Meh, one was awful the last couple months of last season, one was decent. They were both really good this Spring. I don't think it matters to be honest.

Um, we got Mark Kotsay for Brian Anderson. That's all that has to be said. Mark did a decent job for us at the end of last year in a limited amount of at bats. That doesn't come close to overshadowing the fact he's been a bad player for most of the last 5 years. Like Jones, if Kotsay is used correctly, he can be an asset.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
I think if Ozzie was gonna ride Kotsay's hot hand and put him in the 3-hole, he'd do it right out of his blistering spring training. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah...at this point, if he winds up in the 3 hole and the right guy is there to start the season...hopefully that means he's earned it. If he's hitting .330 in 2 weeks, I won't be that mad if he moves to the 3 hole, I promise.

Yeah...at this point, if he winds up in the 3 hole and the right guy is there to start the season...hopefully that means he's earned it. If he's hitting .330 in 2 weeks, I won't be that mad if he moves to the 3 hole, I promise.

I´m not gonna stop hoping for a power lefty come the trade deadline. I just wonder how long Kotsay can perform during a long season.

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
This works both ways Bolt. You have been extremely loud about it for the better part of a month

I said i didn't want Kotsay hitting high in the order, never said i wasn't a hypocrite. ;) Seriously though, i agree that we've been having some pretty spirited debate on both sides. I just don't think it's time to rule anything out that Ozzie's over the last month, just becasue the first lineup of the year is not as crazy as we'd all thought it'd be.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
Really? Not even after the last four years of Mark Kotsay being a below-average to ordinary hitter? When can we start forming conclusions? I can wait. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kotsama01.shtml

Here is your post:

Maybe its just me, but I found it ironic and humorous that you ask him to wait to tell people not to jump to conclusions.