4/5/10 Opening day IGT. White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians

Can't sleep, too damn excited.

White Sox! White Sox!

Go-Go White Sox!

Let's go, Go-Go White Sox

We're with you all the way!

You're always in there fighting,

And you do your best.

We're glad to have you out there in the Middle West.

We're gonna root-root-root-root White Sox.

And cheer you on to victory.

When we're in the stands,

We'll make those rafters ring;

All through the season,

You will hear us sing.

Let's go, Go-Go White Sox,

Chicago's proud of you!

White Sox! White Sox!

Go-Go White Sox!

Root-Root-Root for the White Sox.

We'll cheer you on to victory.

When we're in the stands,

We'll make those rafters ring;

All through the season,

You will hear us sing.

Let's go, Go-Go White Sox,

Chicago's proud of you! (Play ball!)

White Sox! White Sox!

Go-Go White Sox!

Let's go, Go-Go White Sox!

Chicago is proud of you!

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's 8 AM in Chicago right now. I have been up for an hour now, on 5 hours of sleep. My body forced me to get up in anticipation for the season........ It's like when it's Xmas morning, and you wake up 3 hours before everyone else, and then just hover over your parents bed waiting for them to wake up so you can start opening gifts.

I will try and see if I can log another 3 hours of sleep, but it's going to be tough!

Looks like a beautiful day for baseball, although Opening Day is always beautiful, even if the weather isn't.

I'm jealous of those who are going. Have a great day, and bring home a White Sox Winner.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
Okay i'm watching the Sox/Yanks and it's decided: I'm skipping all my classes (I have class from 1-4). The question is: how do I avoid failing my mandatory class? It will take some squirming but I have confidence in my bulls***ing abilities. The Sox are just worth sacrificing for, especially this season

Two years ago I skipped a quiz that was 10% of my semester grade for the 1st game of the playoffs. That game was then rain-delayed, and I missed my quiz for nothing. The following week when the prof handed back the quizzes, he was like "I didn't give your quiz back, did you take it?" I just shook my head, shrugged, and said "playoffs." He dropped that quiz for me. :headbang :lolhitting

Edited by The Baconator

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
Isn't that an everyday thing?

Jerry: "Kramer, what's with all these balloons?! New Years is almost a year away!"

Kramer: "Jerry (rolls eyes), these are my everyday balloons!"

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Last year I skipped a quiz that was 10% of my semester grade for the 1st game of the playoffs. That game was then rain-delayed, and I missed my quiz for nothing. The following week when the prof handed back the quizzes, he was like "I didn't give your quiz back, did you take it?" I just shook my head, shrugged, and said "playoffs." He dropped that quiz for me. :headbang :lolhitting

we were in the playoffs last year?

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox3:

Click here for a special Opening Day message for Sox fans: http://bit.ly/9pSAXv

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox3:

Click here for a special Opening Day message for Sox fans: http://bit.ly/9pSAXv

Man, now I'm all emotional.