Big Frank to work for CSN

chw42

Frank Thomas will work between 65-70 White Sox home games as part of the Comcast SportsNet pregame and postgame coverage team. The part-time move to Chicago also presents Thomas the chance to see his son, Sterling, play baseball in his senior year of high school.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

I think this will be pretty cool, seeing Big Frank on more of a regular basis again will be refreshing.

Edited by chw42

I loved what Frank did for us on the field, but I could really care less about him when he starts opening his mouth...I was already starting to get uncomfortable with some of the things he was saying about Alex in that interview...

Frank did analysis for TBS a couple of years ago in the playoffs. It may have been because he was new to it, but he was pretty bad. If the Sox struggle offensively and he starts giving advice on the air, I think it will get pretty uncomfortable.

And as long as KW is the GM, for those who wonder if Frank will be a coach or something like that, remember this KW doozy, "The man is an idiot." It appears he wants something to bide his time while he watches his son. I don't think he would want a full time coaches gig anyway. The money they make is nothing to him.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
He mentions he gets along with Greg Walker and they sometimes mention hitting issues to eah other. Anyone think he will ever be a hitting coach of any kind for the team? Minor Leagues or the Bigs?

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking