2010 Season Preview: Winston-Salem Dash

Ozzie Ball

2010 Season Preview: Winston-Salem Dash

In part two of the season preview series I take a look at the opening day roster for the Winston-Salem Dash, and try to sum up their hopes for 2010.

The Winston-Salem Dash are the High-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and they play in the Carolina League.

2009 in review:

The Dash had a good season despite not having many top prospect on their team. They finished 73-65 (.529), which was enough for them to take the Carolina League Southern title, but the Salem Red Sox then rather swiftly swept them from the playoffs. The Dash were an offensive minded team finishing third in the CAR in OPS (.722). Some of their key offensive contributors were Brent Morel (.788 OPS), Logan Johnson (.829 OPS), Seth Loman (.818 OPS) and Jim Gallagher (.753 OPS). Their pitching was much weaker as they finished second to last in ERA at 4.30.

Now on to the 2010 team...

http://bit.ly/alvZH9

I still can't help but think of a penis every time I see the Dash's logo... Can we go back to the Warthogs, please? hah

Good stuff, btw. I'm definitely excited about the pitching staff on this team and Phegley.