Obama wears White Sox hat throwing out first pitch for the Nationals

Sox72

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
You are wrong. In recent years, the President always wears a vest for the first pitch.

The President was wearing a Sox Jacket last year for the AS game on like a 95 degree evening.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:24 AM)
That's Derrick Rose.

I know ZERO about basketball...ever since the Jordan era ended, the NBA ended. ;)

But...oh lord. These types of people should know better than to do that kind of thing these days. From what I know of Rose, he was probably messing around, but still...poor taste.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
You are wrong. In recent years, the President always wears a vest for the first pitch.

He might be, but it seems like a silly precaution. The rest of him is unprotected, and vests don't stop much these days.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
vests don't stop much these days.

Vests have been getting better and better at stopping high caliber rounds over the past decade as better fibers have become available. I wouldn't be surprised if we've never even heard of the kind of vest the President wears.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
What's with the avatar tossing up gang signs, anyway? Dumbass in the front rockin the forks.

Anyway, if people want to boo Obama, they can...that flag with the stars and stripes we fly says so. While I do think Obama is a legit transplant Sox fan (he admitted such, as he was an Oakland fan in Hawaii), I also think people can boo him if they want, for any reason they want, including disagreeing with his politics.

While I'm amongst those that disagree with *a lot* of his left leaning politics, I also wouldn't boo the man. I believe he's still to be respected as any president should be, whether you agree with him or not. The majority elected him, so he gets his due respect until his term ends.

I think that might be Derrick Rose, actually?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:28 AM)
Vests have been getting better and better at stopping high caliber rounds over the past decade as better fibers have become available. I wouldn't be surprised if we've never even heard of the kind of vest the President wears.

That could be true.

Probably alien tech. :)

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Remember, dissent is patriotic! Especially on a message board... Add in calling someone a retard, and you are downright a national hero!

LMAO :lolhitting

This post should be deleted.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
That's a pretty large conclusion to jump to. I was just making an observation, and i don't want to get any more political then that.

At the end of the day who cares how hard core he is? He's the President of the free world. I can't imagine he has hours each day to spend on message boards or reading blogs about his favorite teams. He's exposing this franchise to a global audience every time he wears a Sox cap or mentions the team. So he doesn't know Rios' WAR or the starting lineup for Birmingham....big deal. People like to complain about the smallest things (not referring to you specifically TB).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
My lord people. The President of the United States is a Sox fan, and chose to wear a Sox hat even though he was first-pitching for DC's team. Be happy and move on.

This.

I really didn't expect to see this kind of in-depth discussion when I clicked on this thread.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
I think Obama has mentioned in the past that he isn't a real big baseball player. That he is more of a basketball guy.

Fixed to what I believe he meant.

Well, booing is cowardly. I highly doubt a person would boo someone else upon meeting them, and yet people do it from the safety of anonymity all the time.

Secondly, the point about Obama being an extremely casual fan is a fair one. If we're going to celebrate him for being a fan of our favorite franchise, it is at least fair to discuss just how much of a fan he actually is. No, I don't think any of us are unhappy that he sports the logo and colors whenever he can. Yes, it was a bit lame that he couldn't name one stinking player.

It's beating a dead horse, but I for the life of me can't figure out why Sox fans would boo Obama.

Maybe it's just one of those instant things that happen at a game. See the pic, somebody boos and everybody does.

The guy has pledged his Sox allegiance over and over and we boo him?? WTF.

I think it's one of the coolest things that's ever happened, that the president loves the Sox.

Edited by greg775