Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Why would Izzo turn down a Rose-led Bulls team for a lottery-ish Cavs team without LeBron? With all of the teams that Izzo has turned down before, he sure isn't going to the NBA to rebuild a team.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yup. The Bulls may have a good coach, but they're not spending big $ to bring him in. Izzo might get 2x as much per season or more, and will probably get a much longer deal than the 2 + option Thibodeau got.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
That tells me that LeBron isn't going anywhere.

If Lebron was definitely staying at this point he would have already resigned. Yes I know he want to tour the country and get all the publicity, but he'd be an even bigger God in Cleveland if he just resigned there now instead of putting them through a week of hell as he toured the country.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=29584

Random internet site says Izzo is gone. He let his players know, with a press conference to come later. I don't get it. He's one of the best college coaches around, already makes tons of money, and is going to a franchise in complete turmoil? Unless Lebron has promised to stick around, there's no way I'd go to Cleveland.

I haven't seen anything that says he has told them he accepted it.. just that he has had talks with them and is considering it..

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Saluki fans.....

Apparently Anthony Booker is now a Cyclone. What should I know?

He can't stay on the floor more than 10 minutes without getting in foul trouble. Has a very high ceiling, but i don't know if he has the ability to reach it unless he starts listening to his coaches. He complains a lot, probably because he was never on the court due to foul trouble and taking bad mid range shots when he should be near the basket. He COULD be a very good player, time will tell. He was a cancer with us, along with Kevin Dillard. In a way I'm glad to see both of them gone. Neither of them could be coached because they both believe they are NBA talents. We'll see what happens.

Saluki fans.....

What Sonik said. He may as well start the game with 2 fouls.

What a step down for him.

Saluki fans.....

Sonik summed it up well, however, I will say that I believe under the right tutelage, he'll become a game changer for you guys. Dude has a ton of talent and even if he doesn't score, as long as he doesn't foul, he'll help your team win.