Beckham on Boers and Bernstein

Steve9347

I'm late posting this, but this has been a great interview. I recommend everyone listen to the podcast tonight.

Bernstein goes "Boers wouldn't, but I would have packed your bags and taken you to the airport to get Adrian Gonzalez."

Beckham then says to Boers "you are SO stupid."

This kid rocks.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
I'm late posting this, but this has been a great interview. I recommend everyone listen to the podcast tonight.

Bernstein goes "Boers wouldn't, but I would have packed your bags and taken you to the airport to get Adrian Gonzalez."

Beckham then calls Boers "an idiot."

This kid rocks.

You lyin'. I've got to hear this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
You lyin'. I've got to hear this.

They'll have the podcast up tonight, and I'm not lying.

This kid is so composed and natural... I can't wait for the national media to get ahold of him truly. He's a superstar on and off the field.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)

This kid is so composed and natural... I can't wait for the national media to get ahold of him truly. He's a superstar on and off the field.

Assuming they leave it in the 2:00 hour full show podcast, it should be up on iTunes by 3:30.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
I heard it and it was terrific, Gordon gives a great interview. I love the way he defended his self preservation during the turning of the DP yesterday.

Yeah, that's the best player interview you can have... better than AJ somehow.

I wonder if they could do it over, would the Rays take our Beckham with the first pick? Could you imagine Beckham and Longoria in the same infield. Good lord. Anyway I'm glad the Rays, Pirates, Orioles, Royals, Marlins, Giants, and Reds wanted different players. Our gain for the next 15+ years--hopefully.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
I wonder if they could do it over, would the Rays take our Beckham with the first pick? Could you imagine Beckham and Longoria in the same infield. Good lord. Anyway I'm glad the Rays, Pirates, Orioles, Royals, Marlins, Giants, and Reds wanted different players. Our gain for the next 15+ years--hopefully.

I personally think if they (the Rays) could do it over they'd take Posey.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)

If they did the 2008 MLB Draft over, the Beckham SS would still be the first overall pick, just Gordon instead of Tim. The Marlins sure did blow that draft though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)

Beckham then calls Boers "an idiot."

This kid rocks.

I think you need to listen to the interview again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)

Absolutely. He has been that way since college. He's just so personable and gives a great interview.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time (as in, by the end of the year at the latest) before the national media figures out what kind of presence he is. He already gets mad props from true baseball fans of other teams - at least from buddies of mine that are Braves fans, Cardinals fans, etc. They all love him.

Edited by dasox24

Actually, Beckham does get some national exposure already. He's been on Scott Van Pelt Show a couple times. He's been on Mike and Mike. Harold Reynolds mentions him whenever he can, and they predicted he would be the 2B of this decade. If the Sox get in the playoffs, and he plays well, then the sky is the limit as far as his fame.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Actually, Beckham does get some national exposure already. He's been on Scott Van Pelt Show a couple times. He's been on Mike and Mike. Harold Reynolds mentions him whenever he can, and they predicted he would be the 2B of this decade. If the Sox get in the playoffs, and he plays well, then the sky is the limit as far as his fame.

I agree. Beckham has been getting mucho love from the media. But he still remains largely unpopular in the fanbases methinks.