GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
I'm not saying it is all going to work out perfectly, but you guys are acting like we have the worse offense ever. We have what should be an elite pitching staff and if you combine an elite pitching staff with a league average offense we will be a playoff team. And if we are in that position, I think we will see Kenny tweak the roster. That might mean Berkman, it might mean Adrian Gonzalez, it might mean someone else (Manny??). Who knows.

But as of now, we have one of the better teams in the AL and a team that should contend for a title. And we have a GM who will ensure we make the necessary pickups when we can. I might not have done everything the way Kenny has, but it is a lot easier to find a bat to put in your order than it is to find a rotation like we have. And lets be honest, this offense will be heavily reliant on some of our young guys (Beckham/Rios/Quentin/Ramirez). And all of those guys have the potential to be pretty good major league players at there respected positions.

Dye is still a FA..

We need to reinstate the green rule because I thought that Jones made a good throw based on two of those posts. It sucks not being able to see games this early in the year.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
But if we based everything on that, then you'd have to say all these guys are above average offensively. Someone in this organization thinks all of these guys are good, or else they wouldn't be around, and that's more of the problem I have with it.

Well Quentin has shown (albeit a small sample size) that when he's healthy he's an elite run producer (or near elite). The guy has ass-loads of power and will put up a High OPS over a full season. Even last year when he was completely injured he had a respectable OPS. Quentin also looked healthy and raked this spring (and I mean he looked real good). He might be a little off this second, but again, this is the time where the bats tend to slow down and the pitchers have the advantage.

The Sox have things to be worried about, but not this early. If this team is healthy, they will win the division (it might take an acquisition to put them over the top) but mark my words, a healthy White Sox team wins this division. The front 4 is just so f***ing good (partly because I like Gavin as much as I do).

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Dye is still a FA..

We need to reinstate the green rule because I thought that Jones made a good throw based on two of those posts. It sucks not being able to see games this early in the year.

MLB.tv is your friend.

Michael Brantley is starting to annoy me. He's like a left handed Carlos Gomez.

And Andruw made a pretty bad throw. I'm pretty sure Rios makes a better throw there.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Well Quentin has shown (albeit a small sample size) that when he's healthy he's an elite run producer (or near elite). The guy has ass-loads of power and will put up a High OPS over a full season. Even last year when he was completely injured he had a respectable OPS. Quentin also looked healthy and raked this spring (and I mean he looked real good). He might be a little off this second, but again, this is the time where the bats tend to slow down and the pitchers have the advantage.

The Sox have things to be worried about, but not this early. If this team is healthy, they will win the division (it might take an acquisition to put them over the top) but mark my words, a healthy White Sox team wins this division. The front 4 is just so f***ing good (partly because I like Gavin as much as I do).

I in no way disagree with you about Quentin, I was just making a point.

Dear moron at game (and others who so this at other games),

Stop whistling every god damn chance you get. Its annoying and bothers every one. I achieves nothing. Please fall into an open manhole after the game.

Love,

earthshiner

QUOTE (icroca @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
MLB.tv is your friend.

Can't. I live in the blackout area. I get CSN and WGN (no WCIU), but I don't get any CSN+ channel. I have a listing for it on channel 68, but 68 is white noise.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Michael Brantley is starting to annoy me. He's like a left handed Carlos Gomez.

And Andruw made a pretty bad throw. I'm pretty sure Rios makes a better throw there.

The only way that a better throw would have made a difference is if he'd been playing in right center instead of left center anyway.

I think that even if it was a bad throw, the fact that he got it in the air so quickly actually kept Sizemore at 2b.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)
The thing with our lineup is that it depends on a lot "ifs". Honestly, if everyone were to reach their potential, this lineup would be a downright pain in the butt for opposing pitchers. The other side of that is though, you have so many variables and not enough constants. You don't really know who's going to show up on a given day, week or month. Other than Beckham, Konerko, and AJ, I have no idea what the lineup is going to give you.

I think you have a good idea what Pierre will do (slight below average leadoff hitter who will get a lot of hits, no power, a few walks, tons of steals). Quentin will put up really good power numbers when healthy (no denying the guy will have at least an .830 OPS...with the potential for a 1.000 OPS). Alexei even based upon his past 2 seasons is at least league average offensively at short (he could be better).

I don't see as bad of a lineup as you guys do. That said, clearly, whenever you don't have a lineup with proven studs (see Yankees) you are going to have issues. But at the same time, I could even go down the Yankees lineup and talk about how Swisher and Gardner are below average and mention how Swisher could be slightly above average too and that Gardner could develop). Every team has issues and question-marks, but the Sox have a good deal of talent on this team and if the Jones/Kotsay thing is our biggest issues we will be pretty damn good, imo (because it means the big names stayed healthy and our rotation is doing its thing).

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Can't. I live in the blackout area. I get CSN and WGN (no WCIU), but I don't get any CSN+ channel. I have a listing for it on channel 68, but 68 is white noise.

Use a proxy. Problem solved.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
Can we give this man some support? Can't blame it on the cold and early in the season pitchers having an advantage because Indians seem to be doing just fine.

The Indians were shut out in game 1, put up 5 in game 2 (the majority of which came on dunk hits) and Sizemore (who is one of the better players in baseball) has carried them to 2 runs. I wouldn't go as far as saying the Indians are raking.

Texeira is 0-11 entering today too.