GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
I don't care if Pierre gets gunned down. He should be running.

I sort of agree. Smith doesn't have a very slow delivery though. Pick your spots, I guess.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Yes, he does. Anyone ever read or hear an interview? I've not.

There was one on MLB.com.

Oh yeah for those wondering, the game is now on CSN. Cubs game is over.

I like Santos, I think he has good stuff. At least his wild pitches mixes up well with the pitches that ends up in the strike zone for strikes. I like that cause it leaves the opposing batters not knowing what's next. Some may say, "but guys like MacDougal did the same thing!", but I think it's different, because I think it looks like Santos can throw a pitch for a strike when he wants to.

I also liked Santos' composure on the mound, I think he has the skill and mentality it takes to be a decent pitcher for the Sox.

Oddly, I'm more confident in Santos than I am in Williams, Linebrink, and Pena. :lolhitting:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
I sort of agree. Smith doesn't have a very slow delivery though. Pick your spots, I guess.

The whole point of having speed is to try to push the envelope to create scoring situations when your offense isn't cutting it. I'd also be ok with a straight hit and run. Gordon, much like AJ, has great bat control and putting Pierre in motion will open up a hole that Gordon can take advantage of.

I think the hit-and-run is the most under-utilized play in the majors. If a guy has good bat control, putting him in motion creates a massive hole for a decent hitter to put the ball through.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
You have to be f***ing kidding me. I HATE YOU OZZIE GUILLEN!

I don't know what it is, but I have never hated Ozzie this much before. It must be the sabermetrics.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
I like Santos, I think he has good stuff. At least his wild pitches mixes up well with the pitches that ends up in the strike zone for strikes. I like that cause it leaves the opposing batters not knowing what's next. Some may say, "but guys like MacDougal did the same thing!", but I think it's different, because I think it looks like Santos can throw a pitch for a strike when he wants to.

I also liked Santos' composure on the mound, I think he has the skill and mentality it takes to be a decent pitcher for the Sox.

Oddly, I'm more confident in Santos than I am in Williams, Linebrink, and Pena. :lolhitting:

"Hit the bull."