GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
On a useless note, I'm staying with the Cleveland announcers. They're good.

They are some of the best out there. They aren't exciting to listen to, but they know the game well and call it like they see it. Early in the game they were talking about how the ump was ripping Floyd.

Hawk can be entertaining, but in certain situations he can be more annoying than all of the people that will bring up the exact same negative point on Soxtalk all season long, hahaaa.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
By the way...if anyone wonders why I keep harping on having 4-5 righties in a row in our lineup and all of our key hitters consecutively and from 1 side of the plate...you're seeing what it does to a team right here, except from the opposite side of the plate.

I think Ozzie has a very good reason to break up the order with a lefty and you won't here me say otherwise. You need that in the order. Otherwise, late in the game against a nasty reliever, you will be in trouble.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
Carlos!! I still don't forgive the bunt, but that's great to see.

If Beckham didn't bunt, it could've led to a double-play and Quentin homer would've only been a 1-run homer, making the game 2-2.

Thankfully the Sox are winning 3-2 instead.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Who pitches the 8th if Thornton is closer?

I think that he's too valuable a for us to move him to closer. In his current role, we can bring him in whenever we need a big out and he usually delivers, he's especially deadly against lefties (obviously) and there's lots of dangerous lefty hitters in the AL central. If he's our closer his role is more restricted and i think he loses some of his value.