GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Pierre, Beckham, Jones/Kotsay, Rios, Ramirez? That's 5 spots that can genuinely run. Quentin can score from 1st on a double while healthy. I have no clue on Teahen. Konerko and Pierzynski are slow, but come on, Hafner? Redmond/The other guy?

Pierre is visibly slower than he used to be. Beckham only has decent speed. Jones/Kostay? You serious? Rios and Ramirez I'll give you. But at the same time, you have to get on base.

And really? You counter with Hafner and Redmond?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:59 AM)
I think this team just might perform better with a different manager at the helm.

Call me nuts. Gordon Beckham should not be bunting twice in a ballgame.

Call you nuts? I bet 90 pct of the people on here agree with you.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I'm on record before the Indians hired him as saying i wouldn't mind inf Manny Acta was our manager. Now.... i wouldn't mind if Manny Acta was our manager.

His managing sure is doing a great job at causing bloop singles.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Pierre is visibly slower than he used to be. Beckham only has decent speed. Jones/Kostay? You serious? Rios and Ramirez I'll give you. But at the same time, you have to get on base.

And really? You counter with Hafner and Redmond?

Yeah, Hafner and the C spot and LaPorta sort of balance out the slow guys in our lineup, woudln't you say? Is Hafter really faster than Konerko?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:02 AM)
Yeah, Hafner and the C spot and LaPorta sort of balance out the slow guys in our lineup, woudln't you say? Is Hafter really faster than Konerko?

I've never seen Konerko score from 1st on a double.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
I like how the main excuse is Beckham bunting twice. We've scored 3 runs in back to back games against the f***ing Indians.

And bunting isn't going to help your offense. That's two outs we shouldn't have given up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
His managing sure is doing a great job at causing bloop singles.

I think he’s a great tactician. He’s the most sabermetrically inclined manager in the game today. He got some great offense performances out of some terrible Nationals clubs too.