GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
Thank you, Captain Obvious. When did I ever say that Beckham should have bunted? I think it's a horrible idea. But that's not why we're losing.

Like I said, we have 8 hits AS A TEAM in what is now 19.1 innings. Those 2 bunts aren't the reason we're losing.

I understand that we're not coming through, but you don't deny your 2nd best hitter opportunities to hit.

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:06 AM)
So we have a bad offense and then our manager makes it worse.

Ozzie isn't the whole problem, but the fact that he's supposed to be helping the team when he's clearly not is pissing me off.

THIS IS OZZIE'S OFFENSE! He's had a love for Pierre for years, and he wanted a DH by committee.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Slav. When you're right, you're right.

I'm not sure if you're being facetious cecious or not.

But when you lose 2 straight to the f***ing Indians with the crap pitching staff they're running out, and you can muster 8 hits in 20 innings, I'm not going to blame 2 f***ing bunts on the 2 losses.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
We got a gift run because the ump refused to ring up Quentin. We're not getting breaks because we're striking out a ton tonight.

Ah. I turned it on way after we were apparently done scoring for the night...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)

But when you lose 2 straight to the f***ing Indians with the crap pitching staff they're running out, and you can muster 8 hits in 20 innings, I'm not going to blame 2 f***ing bunts on the 2 losses.

I agree with you, man. I'm just heated, right now. The bunts are a part of the bigger problem for this team. That problem is Ozzie.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)

Not being facetious at all. Bunting with Beckham is an epic fail for two reason.

1. He's a very good hitter.

2. It gives the Tribe every reason to pitch around our best power bat and put him on 1st.

It's one of the dumbest moves I've seen, and it was done twice.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:10 AM)
Since this is Ozzie's roster, KW is going to have a much shorter leash with the struggling before he does something about it

Well, on the pregame show tonight, they had a very strange segment about how bad the attendance was last year. They went on to say the club is really hoping to get off to a good start and that the weather is good to make up for how bad the attendance was last season.