GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
Never said I was better than anyone, but if it helps to end the pity party/everyone sucks talk, break out the barbies and call it a night.

Don't forget the My Little Pony pajamas.

We don’t need to be patronized to after a tough loss. Just let the venting happen and we’ll move on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
I'm saying you guys are right ... because it didn't work.

But I think the bunt was the right call, even with Beckham.

So you don't think Juan Pierre is a good basestealer?

Nix will probably be in there against Liriano.

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
Im joining the conversation late, but I am gonna be sick to my stomach if Mark Teahen is in the starting lineup tomorrow. The guy's been brutal, and imo he cost us the game tonight

Yes I think he's a good basestealer. I agree Oz's call was wrong cause it didn't work.

But I understand the move completely.

This series proved that we got some work to do; Cleveland by all accounts is a pretty mediocre team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
Would anybody have bet we'd not win this series after that efficient if not spectacular Game One performance?

I assumed 2-3 and hoped for a sweep.

Not with Peavy and Floyd pitching. But that's why they play the games. And the Indians aren't nearly as bad as some think anyway.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:48 AM)
Would anybody have bet we'd not win this series after that efficient if not spectacular Game One performance?

Carmona and Masterson have the potential to be very good pitchers for the Indians. I think people are underrating them. If Brantley and LaPorta continue to have good at bats, the Indians can be a solid team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)

It was harder to be any more optimistic after Game 1. I am just hoping these 2 bucket-of-suck games were weather related s***fests.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
You guys are a bunch of girls.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Never said I was better than anyone, but if it helps to end the pity party/everyone sucks talk, break out the barbies and call it a night.

Don't forget the My Little Pony pajamas.

Hey, no need to be sexist here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
Yes I think he's a good basestealer. I agree Oz's call was wrong cause it didn't work.

This series proved that we got some work to do; Cleveland by all accounts is a pretty mediocre team.

You understand taking the bat out of Beckham and Quentin's hands and giving their at-bats to Andruw Jones? Explain that one to me...

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
Carmona and Masterson have the potential to be very good pitchers for the Indians. I think people are underrating them. If Brantley and LaPorta continue to have good at bats, the Indians can be a solid team.

They might have the second best offense in the division.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:52 AM)
Hopefully the Twins will bring out a sense of urgency in our club and we can get some competitive juices flowing to carry into Week Two of the season.

Seriously? It's the first series of the season. These guys are trying extremely hard now, as no one wants to get off to a bad start. If anything, the players are trying too difficult.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
Ryan Howard isn't there. Neither is Albert Pujols. Would you like to talk about their games?

You're just being strange. Jim Thome wanted to sign with the Sox and gave them every chance to, and he played for us the last four seasons. Stop trying to act like you're awesome and just keep quiet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)

You can make the correct decision and not have it pan out and you can make the wrong decision and have it work spectacularly.

When you're struggling to find hits and you're not allowing your best pure hitter to take swings because you apparently have little faith in one of the best base stealers in the game to swipe a bag late you're making the wrong decision.

Last year, the White Sox could get momentum going during the season....pretty much never.

From game to game and series to series, seemingly nothing carried over, except not winning the games when we had chances to sweep.

If the Twins keep getting this type of pitching all season long with that offense, you can forget about it anyway. This team was constructed with the idea of hanging close with the pitching and being able to eke out 1-2 run wins on a consistent basis. That's obviously been a big fail for two nights in a row.

Almost feels like a broken record. Bullpen and fielding lapses, no clutch hitting....no Alexei in April. Trying too hard to manufacture runs...which puts a lot of stress on the hitters, knowing we no longer have a dominant or explosive type of offense anymore.

There's nothing wrong with having this type of team in April's cold Chicago weather, but it's not going to work when the weather heats up. It's not even working now.

You understand taking the bat out of Beckham and Quentin's hands and giving their at-bats to Andruw Jones? Explain that one to me...

I can explain it easily.

It's not the first or fourth inning.

We need one run to win the game.

We have professional baseball hitters in the middle of our order coming up. Get the bunt down and one hit wins it. One hit with 2 outs to go.

s***, Gordon might have popped up. We'll never know.

The strategy was 100 percent wrong ... because it didn't work.