New DH should be TCQ

Rios should be in CF everyday period. There is no sense in moving him around for a very marginal improvement in Jones (and that improvement is debatable- I personally think Rios is better anyway). If youwere going to move them around, Quentin is the one who should move to left. But really, do we need to jockey Rios around everyday?

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Rios should not play left. Rios is gold glove caliber talent in right. Rios plays right! Jones plays CF! TCQ can have his choice of either LF or DH. This is a good team. Please don't screw it up by putting square pegs in round holes.

TCQ should not have a "choice" of where he plays. Ozzie Guillen manages this bleeping team and if you and CQ don't bleeping like that then bleep bleep bleep belleeeep and a bleep for good measure

Am I wrong for thinking that Jones is a total stiff who should have been given the Dye treatment by all big league teams this past offseason?

Should I try to get over my current hatred of Jones being on our team?

p.s. I love Ozzie but I agree he should be fired if he doesn't just simply leave Rios in center every day Rios is in the lineup.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Rios should be in CF everyday period. There is no sense in moving him around for a very marginal improvement in Jones (and that improvement is debatable- I personally think Rios is better anyway). If youwere going to move them around, Quentin is the one who should move to left. But really, do we need to jockey Rios around everyday?

You're not going to see Quentin in LF at all this year. There's a reason why they moved him back to right field: it's his natural position and back when he was playing it everyday he was a plus defender whereas he's been a very bad defender in LF while trying to learn the new angles on the fly. Quentin's going to get a lot of playing time in right early on as Ozzie will try to help him get re-acclimated to the position.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
jones is getting 550k for the year. It's not enough resources allocated towards him to care.

I guess that's one way to look at it. If they go with the righty-lefty match up then Kotsay will get most of the DH time, but is it possible Pierre plays more at DH? He has a bad throwing arm and Andruw Jones would be a better defender in the OF

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
This whole 'stewing' thing is being overplayed. We don't really know if it would adversely affect his at bats. It might be more stress relieving to hang out with the rest of the bench players and joke around in between at bats than to 'stew' out in the OF all alone.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
I have never heard a baseball player say this. I have, however heard many say the exact opposite.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
I didn't realize you did a scientific study on this. I'd like to look at your detailed findings.

I'd be curious to see any evidence that has anything but playing a position being the least stressful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
He's probably the worst of the OF's when it comes to range and, although the shoulder injury may have taken a toll, probably one of the better ones when it comes to throwing.

This. I will always remember that gun of a throw back in his first or second month where he caught the fly in left and nabbed the guy at first for the double play. Wow. So to me it comes to Pierre (worst arm, better range and quickness) vs. Quentin (slowest [of the starters], but best arm).

I will always go with the guy with the arm, so long as he has enough quickness to play the position, which I think Quentin does. But then again, I played LF for 7 years and I see myself more like a Quentin guy, so I'm probably a little biased.

Wherever Quentin plays, please please please start going back to the RCF and stop pulling off every single try to pitch.

Try to adjust and be more of a situational hitter instead of flailing away as if you're trying to hit a 7 run homer every time at the plate.

You're even starting to rub off on Beckham a little. The entire offense, which was never good in the first place, is collectively starting to press and make things happen now instead of taking what's being given to them. We're watching good strikes go by and getting ourselves out on pitcher's pitches. Oh, the humanity.

Wherever Quentin plays, please please please start going back to the RCF and stop pulling off every single try to pitch.

Try to adjust and be more of a situational hitter instead of flailing away as if you're trying to hit a 7 run homer every time at the plate.

You're even starting to rub off on Beckham a little. The entire offense, which was never good in the first place, is collectively starting to press and make things happen now instead of taking what's being given to them. We're watching good strikes go by and getting ourselves out on pitcher's pitches. Oh, the humanity.