4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it wasn't so long ago that Linebrink was one of the best set-up guys in all of baseball...in all fairness, they had warmed up Linebrink in the previous inning after we were down 3-2 I think.

And Santos, if he keeps throwing like that, will quickly jump ahead of Linebrink and Pena in the pecking order.

Note to Alexei Ramirez: Wake up!

Atta boy...make up for that ridiculous brain cramp.

I will go on the record saying I could see us bunting, but would prefer AJ swing away. It may take more than one run to win this thing, anyway. If it was the ninth inning, bunt.

I won't freak either way.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Tonight will be one of the last nights that happens intentionally.

Agreed. I don't believe he had pitched yet this year, so he had to get in eventually. At this point, if Santos continues to pitch well, Linebrink will be mop up duty. With our staff...it will most likely only be in Freddy Garcia games.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Uh oh, you guys may get mad. A bunt coming???

bunting a guy to 3rd with 1 out is something i'm definitely not opposed to, but i hate bunting a basestealer to 2nd base, i don't care if a lefty is pitching, let him steal

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
I will go on the record saying I could see us bunting, but would prefer AJ swing away. It may take more than one run to win this thing, anyway. If it was the ninth inning, bunt.

I won't freak either way.

As long as A.J. makes contact and is thinking pull, I'm fine with him swinging.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
bunting a guy to 3rd with 1 out is something i'm definitely not opposed to, but i hate bunting a basestealer to 2nd base, i don't care if a lefty is pitching, let him steal

Alexei was a good SB threat in ST. With the lefty up they probably won't run him, I wonder if they thought about that though.

How about a hit and run here Ozzie?