4/9 Games

danman31

Hopefully Nunez has a good first outing. I'm really stocked to see my boy Nathan Jones pitch as a starter again!

Looks like Kanny is gonna get an early test tonight. Teheran (Braves pitcher) is a good looking prospect.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
The lack of (easily found) box scores on MiLB.com this year sucks. I hope they get that sorted out quickly.

I know, I don't know what that's about. You must have jinxed it. The Kanny box just went live.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
Sounds like Silverio has been pretty helpless thus far with two strikeouts.

Ciolli and Vargas aren't doing much better. Teheran has 6 K's already in 5 IP. This was gonna be a tough match-up for some of the Kanny hitters from the get go.

Our relief prospects blowing up today. Nunez and Jones did it as starters. Santeliz doing it now for the Knights. I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of Santeliz. I didn't have him in my preseason top 25. His ERA was great last year, but ERA is so meaningless for relievers. He's got major control issues to fix.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Our relief prospects blowing up today. Nunez and Jones did it as starters. Santeliz doing it now for the Knights. I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of Santeliz. I didn't have him in my preseason top 25. His ERA was great last year, but ERA is so meaningless for relievers. He's got major control issues to fix.

Rodrguez, Hunt and Buch all did fine.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Nate Jones pitched pretty well- 4.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 5 SO, 3 GO/1 FO.

2 K's and 2 BB's for Santos Rodriguez in his inning.

Nunez did OK with 4 SO/1 BB. With stuff like his he won't give up 8 hits in 4 innings too often.

Rodriguez is someone I'll be keeping my eye on this season.

Still very raw and a long way away, but he certainly has some raw talent and a nice fastball / slider combo.