Ozzie please resign, I know you can't sit through this again

caulfield12

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
I don't even know if it's an overreaction.

There's just something wrong with the chemistry in our organization. I really think either Guillen OR Williams need to go, and Greg Walker definitely needs to find a new home. I guess in the end, I trust KW making personnel decisions more than I do our manager being magically transported in time to 2003 with this roster.

This franchise has just gotten stale since the World Series. I can't even quite put my finger on it.

I completely agree. Definitely not an overreaction. We lost our opening series against an awful, awful Indians team, and can't put up any runs. This offense is exactly what we all expected/knew was coming. Crap, crap, and more crap, with a little bit of Becks and Q thrown in. Everything else is business as usual in White Sox land.

This team just isn't built to win (from an offensive perspective, anyways).

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
You want Ozzie gone after 4 games? really? comments like this, so early in the season drive me crazy

It's been a lot longer than 4 games. You can't just say "keep him" because it's only been 4 games this year. He's sucked for about 2 years now. He's had PLENTY of time to prove himself, and over and over again he falls back on the same unintelligent baseball moves. It's time for some fresh blood.

I'll just put it this way.

The team identity can form pretty quickly in a season. In 2005, it was there seemingly in the first week. "We win almost all the close games. The bullpen doesn't give up a lead. We'll get the clutch hits and pick up our teammates. No, 'oh, oh...here we go again' mentality, so to speak."

Now nobody is saying that can't happen YET. Having a chance to win each game is much better than if we were getting blown out, although perhaps more frustrating for the fans.

It's just that we have seen this act for one season already, and the offense, at least on paper, doesn't look like it has improved at all. Maybe we can chalk it up to "bad luck" or "duck snorts" or bad bounces, but, after awhile, you also create your own good and bad luck and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. And, on the other side of the coin, you start waiting back on your heels for something bad to happen.

It's just a bit scary to think about going up to play in SkyDome right now with our recent history there. It hasn't been pretty. Probably our starting pitching is simply too good to start 1-9 or 2-8, but it's no longer possible to be surprised by anything that has happened with this team since the beginning of the 2006 season.

Edited by caulfield12

Might only be 4 games, but I still don't like what I see. Batters taking a 2-0 fastball right down the middle, then swinging at the 2-1 changeup in the dirt. Pitchers on 0-2 throwing the next pitch so far outside that the batter wouldn't think of swinging at it. The golf-like swings from our power hitters. And the STUPID plays from Alexei. Gonna be a long season.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
I doubt Ozzie goes anywhere, but if they do axe him. I'd like Willie Randolf to replace him.

I was based on New York for a year, when Randolph got canned.

Was quite sad the way it ended really. He may be a better "in - game" manager than Ozzie possibly, but in terms of running the clubhouse and getting on the media etc. I don't think Randolph is the guy you'd be after.

this whole freaking out phase is mostly because alot of fans are thinking "wow this is the same thing as last year, typical white sox..." i know its important to get off to a good start, im staying optomistic and thinking that its all just due to bad cold weather. The only game we won was the game where the temperature was nice :) and for those of us that have actually been to the last 4 games, we know how chilly its been at the park. i would definitely not want to play ball in that kind of weather, but then again im not getting paid millions

The "freaking" is because this is "Guillen's type of team" and not a typical AL team we have succeeded with. We all knew the histories of people brought in offensivly, and so far, the history is consistant with what we expected. We still are leaving too many on base-we were told this style and these players would help in that dept-it hasnt so far

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
The "freaking" is because this is "Guillen's type of team" and not a typical AL team we have succeeded with. We all knew the histories of people brought in offensivly, and so far, the history is consistant with what we expected. We still are leaving too many on base-we were told this style and these players would help in that dept-it hasnt so far

I don't think this is Ozzie's type of team. I believe he's providing cover for the organization when he says that.

For example, I think the front office said something like "we have $4M to spend on a left fielder, who do you like?" The choices weren't that great given the financial constraints. As far as Ozzie's rotating DH's, I just think he didn't want Thome back, but did not want to come out and say that he thought Thome was washed up. If they would've landed Damon there would've been no Kotsay/Jones platoon.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 05:32 AM)
I doubt Ozzie goes anywhere, but if they do axe him. I'd like Willie Randolf to replace him.

I want someone like Davey Johnson. A guy in the Weaver-mold who is predisposed to study the game, instead of working from his gut.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
We can go on a 20 game winning streak, it won't change the fact that this team is not ready to play baseball.

It wont? If the team was 20-3 you wouldnt think they were playing baseball? Did you even read your post before hitting the button?

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
We can go on a 20 game winning streak, it won't change the fact that this team is not ready to play baseball.

Look, i'm pretty pissed off at the makeup and direction of this team too, but I think a 20 game winning streak might mean a lot actually. Mostly that, yeah, we are ready to play baseball.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:23 AM)
Ozzie should be fired for telling his company's customers to take their business to the competition.

Also, I thought I heard him say something on CTL before the game about "idiots" that think they know baseball and something like "that's why they have to get up at 4:00 in the morning and I have this bleepin' job." Very condescending to the fans.

Couple this with his poor eye for talent, his poor in-game managing and his inability to make out a decent lineup and I think he has finally worn out his welcome. I liked Ozzie but his time has come. He wanted this mess of a roster so now he has to take the blame for wasting this great pitching staff. Yes, it's early, but if he's going to insult the fans who are upset at his team's poor performance it's already time for him to go. Maybe some fans are overreacting, but you don't insult your fans.

Excellent. I'm tired of the entire clan. Angry, petulant, immature and vindictive. The situation has the makings of a train wreck. Edited by SI1020

Did I go color blind? All the posts today look black and not green. This team is fine, it isn't hitting very well right now, but they are only 4 games in. The SP has been good and will keep us in nearly every game and when we get a little bit more luck from the bats, we will be fine. Relax people.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Did I go color blind? All the posts today look black and not green. This team is fine, it isn't hitting very well right now, but they are only 4 games in. The SP has been good and will keep us in nearly every game and when we get a little bit more luck from the bats, we will be fine. Relax people.

Just saying that the offense will come around won't make it so. Yes, the pitching will keep us in games all season long because there are a lot of quality pitchers on the staff. The problem is that the offense will suck. At it's peak, it can be slightly more than mediocre. It's filled with a bunch of mediocre/crappy players and a couple of good ones. We're going to see a lot of 1-0, 2-1, and 3-1 losses this season.

EDIT: And as I type this, Juan Pierre makes a mistake in the outfield (he really brings nothing to the table) and we bring in Linebrink. God, this sucks.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Seriously? Really? Honestly? This thread is a joke, no?

It might be the most reasonable thread you see if we do our normal disappearing act against the Blue Jays in Canada.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 09:42 AM)
The funny thing is if we win the next 2 games, the same posters will be talking about how great they are.

You're joking, right?

Since the All-Star break of 2006, we haven't been close to great.

We have some great individual players on this team, but even in 2008 we weren't great....Carlos Quentin was great, for that one particular season.

We have GREAT starting pitching, but that doesn't do much good unless we have at least a mediocre offense.