The positive of 2010

hi8is

In my life I have to focus on the brighter side of things or else I go insane.

That being said, here are the positive things I've seen so far.

Alex Rios looks to be dialed in and his swing is looking boobies.

Andurew Jones is giving some quality at bats thus far - working pitches.

Tony Pena looks solid as hell.

Matt Thornton is Matt Thornton.

We've had a lead in every game.

Mark B, Peavy, Floyd, and Danks all look boobies.

Paulie has been looking pro.

We could have won every game and be 4 - 0 right now.

Hopefully we come together and build on the good things we've seen and turn this into a great 2010 season.

One positive I'm tryin' to hold on to is the fact the there has been numerous ropes hit by the Sox right at people and for the past 3 days the Tribe and Twinkies have hit the most pathetic popcorn fart base hits that fall in. That can't go on for very much longer....

Hopefully we come together and build on the good things we've seen and turn this into a great 2010 season.

Those are all pretty nice positives. I'd only disagree on Jones. I think I've seen one good swing from him; that shot he hit foul today past third.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:09 AM)
Don't forget Santos. He has looked studly.

I'm in love with Santos. Last time I liked a rookie this much was Gordon. Before him, I really didn't care, but I liked Poreda.

Also, speaking of Gordon, when he's not bunting he's been working counts and has looked good on th base paths, and looks like he's adjusting to 2B OK (not great, but not horrid).

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 06:38 AM)
There has been NO clutch hitting. That is why we are 1-3 and not 4-0. The pitching has been there, they are keeping us in every game- we are just not executing when we need to.

Crede is a FA.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:35 AM)
They're positives, but the fact that this team looks like it does when it bombs out down the stretch every year....4 game into the season....is what is scary.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 07:38 AM)
There has been NO clutch hitting. That is why we are 1-3 and not 4-0. The pitching has been there, they are keeping us in every game- we are just not executing when we need to.

Can we focus on the positives in the thread on "The positive of 2010"? There are plenty of threads on what's wrong with the Sox in 2010.

Another positive is that the hitters are drawing more walks this season so far. IF that continues and the batting averages return to expected norms, the OBP should be decent this year.

I've also really enjoyed watching Rios on offense and defense. He's hit a lot of balls hard that havent' been hits.

I think the pitching as a whole other than Linebrink has been impressive even Jenks and Pena

The part I can not get out of my head is the offense looks like last year and the defense is just as bad thus far.

The bullpen is 0-3 and off of the top of my head has given up 6 runs in 16 innings many of which have come after sketchy defense let them down.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
I think the pitching as a whole other than Linebrink has been impressive even Jenks and Pena

The part I can not get out of my head is the offense looks like last year and the defense is just as bad thus far.

The bullpen is 0-3 and off of the top of my head has given up 6 runs in 16 innings many of which have come after sketchy defense let them down.

Ah, gotta love Alexei Ramirez out there

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
The part I can not get out of my head is the offense looks like last year and the defense is just AWFUL thus far.

Fixed. This team was not ready to play baseball out of Spring Training, and it painfully shows. We can have all the pitching we want, but unless you have a defense to back it up, that won't be worth s***. Through 4 games, I view the White Sox as one of the most under-prepared teams in MLB and I've completely changed my expectations of this team. It can and probably will get much worse, and that's coming from one of the most optimistic fans out there.

Pitching by basically everyone but Linebrink has been nails. As of this moment, 4 innings into game 5, the Sox have a team ERA of 2.45. That is fantastic.

And I disagree on people saying the defense looks awful. The only defensive awfulness I've seen so far is Alexei being Alexei, and AJ not being able to throw out runners (only partially his fault).

The offense has been awful, obviously.

Yeah, where is this "the defense is terrible" talk coming from? I honestly don't know. RF hasn't improved at all? So, after 5 games you're ready to say that Quentin is no better than the guy he replaced, who was one of the worst RFs in baseball? Alexei is still physically talented but mentally erratic, Paulie is the same Paulie, Beckham, too soon to say. CF is an upgrade, Pierre covers more ground in LF than Carlos did when he was there. I haven't watched that closely but Teahen hasn't been that bad either, certainly not bad enough for me to make any assumptions off not even a week's worth of baseball (but at the plate, he sucks, hard so far).

Edited by lostfan