GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Nobody is saying that. What people are trying to say is why did we pay Pierre this much when Pods would have been cheaper and an equal if not slightly better product

I gotta say, I wanted Pods gone, but he at least has a chance to drive runs in. I can't see Pierre doing that too well. It wouldn't surprise me if he had less than 10 at the end of the year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Worth noting...the Twins key player/MVP was a #2 draft pick, and I don't remember the last time we drafted that highly.

Yes you do, it was the 2008 draft we picked like 7th and took Beckham. And the only reason we picked that high is becuase 2007 we sucked ass. You want high draft picks and build the farm with young top talent then suck for like 3-4 seasons in a row. Thats what the twins did between like 1998-2001. Hence the top picks in that period of time. U want to go 72-92 for the next 3 seasons then yeah we can start getting some elite young talent.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
"It's up to Scott Linebrink with the bases loaded and nobody out."

Ohhhh dear god. Kill me now and help me avoid the agony.

Note to God:

Please ignore my previous request.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Not at all. This s*** has been frustrating as all hell to watch so far this season but some of you guys are completely overreacting.

Well, I can't think of a single other job in the world (other than President of the United States) where you can suck as much as KW and Ozzie have the last two years, and NOT be fired.

So no, this is not an overreaction at all.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Yes you do, it was the 2008 draft we picked like 7th and took Beckham. And the only reason we picked that high is becuase 2007 we sucked ass. You want high draft picks and build the farm with young top talent then suck for like 3-4 seasons in a row. Thats what the twins did between like 1998-2001. Hence the top picks in that period of time. U want to go 72-92 for the next 3 seasons then yeah we can start getting some elite young talent.

Drafting 7th is not drafting 2nd.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Well, I can't think of a single other job in the world (other than President of the United States) where you can suck as much as KW and Ozzie have the last two years, and NOT be fired.

So no, this is not an overreaction at all.

Yeah, they've only won 1 division title in the last 2 years. How dare they!