4/11 GT: Sox vs. Twins, Buehrle vs. Blackburn

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
I'll say it again, we should just trade Teahen for Mauer.

WTF Dude? Why make such obsurd comments like that?

If we trade Teahen for Mauer, who are we going to use to get Albert Pujols?

Oh I forgot... Scott Linebrink - duh!

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why Sabermetrics has to rule everything.

I'm sure the right thing to do was not let Mark pitch the eighth and he got out of it fine. There's got to be some stat somewhere that indicates Mark after 95 pitches sucks or something like that. Or most pitchers suck after 95.

My eyes give me Pods over Juan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
I don't care about Sabermetrics, sorry.

My own eyes tell me I like Pods more than I do Pierre. I watched Pods again today smash a base hit that nearly tore the pitcher's head off to start the game and he stole second for his third SB of the year.

I know I know. Pods sucks.

You can like him better all you want.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)

I'm sure the right thing to do was not let Mark pitch the eighth and he got out of it fine. There's got to be some stat somewhere that indicates Mark after 95 pitches sucks or something like that. Or most pitchers suck after 95.

Agreed - my eyes prove that KW dropped the ball yet again. Too bad if I asked a question at SoxFest about it, he'd give me some stupid answer given to him by the PR department. And then I'd reply with a nice f-bomb directed at him. And then a woman in the crowd would say, "Oh no, won't somebody please think of the children?!"

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
Well, that was predictable.

This whole season has been very predictible.

We knew we had an excellent rotation and a pretty good bull pen.

We knew we had a poor offense.

We knew Kotsay was the worst #5 hitter and DH in all of baseball and not deserving of a starting spot.

This season has played out exactly as expected so far. This should not be suprising to anyone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)

Isn't it common sense that if you do more work, you're more likely to lose energy and thus not perform as well?

I mean seriously, it isn't rocket science. It's a bunch of logic put together with numbers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)

Actually, on pitches 100+, Mark is typically better than he is on pitches 75-100. His opponent's OPS drops from .751 to .688 after pitch 100.

And my eyes tell me I hate seeing Podsednik picked off and on the DL.