4/11 GT: Sox vs. Twins, Buehrle vs. Blackburn

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
haha most people around here didnt even like Podsednik on this team LAST season when he was one of our better hitters

I think we all loved him last season. The biggest criticism about him on the site was his bad base running. There was no denying that something clicked for him last year. With that said, we didn't want a 3 yr extension given to him.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
If Mirales comes in, I hope we see Nix or Andruw hitting.

This is a good point. What's the point of having a platoon DH if you never use the righty?

Anyway, I don't want to see Jones, as awful as his swing looked the other day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
Actually, on pitches 100+, Mark is typically better than he is on pitches 75-100. His opponent's OPS drops from .751 to .688 after pitch 100.

And my eyes tell me I hate seeing Podsednik picked off and on the DL.

Some of that could be a side effect of mostly getting to 100 pitches when he's having good games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
I think we all loved him last season. The biggest criticism about him on the site was his bad base running. There was no denying that something clicked for him last year. With that said, we didn't want a 3 yr extension given to him.

I know no one wanted to extend him and his baserunning was frustrating, but ide hardly say that "we all loved him"

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)

Don't be stupid. I've been here and a Sox fan a long time. I'm just pissed that we got a s***ty leadoff hitter when we could have had a better player for less money without giving up any players. instead we have an awful leadofff hitter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Can you imagine had Paulie homered there how mad the fans would be? How dare the manager keep him in so long?? And on and on.

Blackburn didn't even get to 100 pitches, and he managed to save the Pen in case this goes to extras.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)

Pods was quoted saying how he wasn't seeking a long term deal or anything like that. He said he was open to talk but it never happened.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
If Pods hadn't had those 2-3 obvious baserunning gaffes that pissed everybody off, would we have done the right thing and signed him to a reasonable 2-year deal?

A 1 year deal at least.